Year 5 - 103

Astrid had barely turned, hearing the sound of a door opening, when she felt the hand at the back of her neck turn her around. His platinum locks flashed momentarily in her line of vision before her eyes had fluttered close almost on instinct. A touch so sudden she had wanted to protest, yet so sweet she had melted right into it with nothing but a short satisfied groan. A touch so urgent - it made her let out a soft laugh for she hadn't expected the near desperation of it. 

He didn't have to say anything for Astrid knew he had missed her during the few days they had not kissed. It was just that obvious in the way his hands roamed the side of her body, grabbing at the side of her waist, her back, even her hip - all he could touch without going too far. The boy had never greeted her with a kiss before.

It was almost funny. For her.

Her hands on his shoulders, Astrid pushed him away, looking up at his slightly parted lips with an amused glint in her eyes. 

"Malfoy," she gasped, a cheeky grin spread across her cheeks.

"What?" his eyes widened a little in alarm. "Did I do something wrong?"

She looked from his one eye to the other until a soft laugh escaped her as she realized just how blinded by his personal interests, so to speak, the boy had been. Slowly she pulled her hands away.

"We've got places to go."

"We do?"

His brows furrowed in confusion; Astrid could easily tell he had misunderstood the meaning of the note she had passed him during class. Not only that but the lad had forgotten they had long ago planned this would be the day they would change into Raidlly and her friend and go through the girl's stuff.

"Mate, why did you think I asked you to come here?"

"Uh..." Draco blinked, still not catching up. "To snog me."

Astrid just stared at him for a moment, before a sudden snort skipped past her lips, quickly transforming into a genuine fit of laughter. Though lack of laughter from the only other person in the abandoned bathroom made her stop to speak again.

"Wait, you're serious."

Draco scrunched up his nose, frowning. He couldn't phantom what it was that was so funny. "Yes."

She tried her best but wasn't able to hold herself back from laughing again as she held her fingers across her mouth to hide her glowing cheeks. Getting somewhat ahold of herself Astrid raised the same hand to the pale cheek of Draco Malfoy, patting it softly twice, before turning away to chuckle under her breath again.

"Cute," she spoke, walking over to the stall they held their potion in, "but not today. We've got real things to do."

Perhaps she had not meant her words to come out as harsh, but to Draco, they had felt such. Was he not important enough?

Astrid watched him from where she stood by the potion. She knew that expression of his all too well and although a little odd and at times annoying, right then she saw this pause of his - when Malfoy just stopped to think - as rather adorable.

"Say it."

Draco turned to look at her. Only then did he realize his mouth was still slightly opened, which he quickly shut, tensing his jaw.

"And quit frowning so much, you'll be all wrinkly before you even turn twenty."

Draco could only scoff. "Perhaps if you quit smiling so much you wouldn't be all wrinkly already."

In a heartbeat, she had widened her lips in the widest of smiles she had ever done, before turning to the potion and pouring a batch for each of them.