Year 5 - 105

"Ahh... of course," Astrid huffed, crossing her arms, "That slimy git's been accusing me of all sorts of stuff ever since second year."

The Slytherin teens were back in the girls' dorm. After a rather lengthy delivery of all that the teens had heard, Rosier had finally delivered her analysis. 

Sitting where the black girl had, back at dinner, Rosier had heard all too well how Potter had whispered on about her and how unusual it was she had come over to their table. She had listened to him accuse Astrid of somehow being behind that.

"He's not wrong though..."

"What else has he accused you of?"

Not only that but from what others had also said, she had concluded there were some secret meetings taking place - ones that she had guessed, from what Tracey had told her, had something to do with Potter telling students of the existence of such daughter. 

Astrid had gone out and straight up exclaimed that the idiot was once more trying to undermine her for no reason whatsoever. She would've gone and given the Gryffindor a piece of her mind if only Draco hadn't pulled her to sit back down.

"He was under the impression that I - a half-muggle - was the Heir of Slytherin!"

"Why would he think so?" Theo snickered only making her pull her lip up in disapproval.

"Well because I'm-" Astrid cut herself off suddenly, pursuing her lips and pushing them to the side as she looked at the expressionless face of Draco Malfoy for any sort of approval. He gave her nothing and she went with her first instinct of still not revealing her to be a Parseltongue. "Eeeh... a Slytherin. A- ana- an annoying one."

"Hey!" Daphne cocked her head in disapproval. "If I don't manipulate, you don't lie!"

"You know this is kinda ironic because this is sort of manipulating cause-"

"Don't change the topic!"

Astrid drew a breath, looking over the ten inquiring faces in front of her. Surely they had known her for long enough and the fact wouldn't suddenly change their perception of her. They wouldn't actually bully her for it...

"Okay..." Astrid began, still unsure. It was annoying how well she knew that simply the smallest nods of approval from Malfoy would've eased her nerves immensely. "But you can't tell this to anyone." She grinned, hiding all and everything he didn't want others to see. "I'm a parselmouth. Which is actually very cool, when I remember about it. Because Malfoy told me that means I and dad-"

"Dad and I!"

"Yea, anyway, dad and I are descendants of Slytherin himself. Can you imagine? I'm like royal."

"I'd hardly call having muggle blood royal," Malfoy grumbled.

Astrid scratched her chest, hiding the odd unease at the comment with a teasing line of her own. "Shush, you're just jealous my blood is cooler than yours."

Draco gave her a long look over. "I could argue with that."

Yes, he knew that Slytherin blood was a big thing, but it was no secret the muggle part was still itching at him. The knowledge that itched at him even more was that he was beginning to feel truly guilty not for thinking it okay, but the opposite. He felt a little guilty whenever he told Ninomae her muggle blood was filthy.

Draco hoped that if he perhaps kept repeating otherwise, the feeling would just go away.

Astrid gave the boy an equally pointed look, narrowing her eyes a little bit and just daring him to insult her heritage once more.