Year 5 - 118

This was probably the most excited Astrid had ever seen Malfoy be.

His eyes shined, his hair a little out of place for being pushed about by his hand constantly running through it as he was sprawled over Daphne's bed blabbering on excitedly about how he and his squad had caught Potter in action of one of his Dumbledore Army meetings. Astrid listened to him talk while looking through her drawer for an appropriate outfit, a small smile lingering on the corners of her lips.

The party had been a spontaneous decision, made and organised by yours truly, Draco Malfoy. Though everyone knew this house party would be much smaller than they usually were since nobody but the Slytherins would enjoy celebrating the fall of Potter's organisation to such an extent. Personally, Astrid wasn't all that excited about it. For one, it was a Monday, for another, she had been really looking forward to sleeping. Thrid reason, there was a rumour Dumbledore was going to get sacked and if that happened Umbridge would become the headmistress and Astrid felt she'd get in grand trouble at any smallest misbehaviour. But the lad on Daph's bed was excited and if there was one thing Astrid hated, then it was people who brought down the spirits of another.

Continuing to listen to him blabbering on, Astrid pulled out a skirt and a top. The girl was going through a phase of skirts and preferred wearing them on all occasions that didn't involve lounging in her room. She looked at Malfoy, nodding absentmindedly at something he said, before accioing herself the ginormous towel Rosier owned - one that was nearly the size of two - and spread and floated it up in the air in front of her, separating herself from the surely wandering eyes of Draco Malfoy.

The boy laughed, teasing her about hiding from him and she allowed the top of the towel to fall momentarily to flash him her middle finger before just as quickly she raised it back up and stepped out of her clothes to change into her outfit. Before she dropped the towel completely, Astrid accioed the mirror that had been all across on the other side of the room and watched her reflection, correcting the rather short skirt and taking in her general appearance. 

Astrid didn't feel much like dressing up that evening - actually, she didn't feel like dressing up at all. She still had her knee-length school uniform socks on and although they did make her legs look even longer, she supposed she looked a little ridiculous. Her skirt was brown and with a tiny bit of purple ruffling at the end. Her cropped tank-top was black and the socks she wore an odd grey. All in all, it looked like a mess and this time, not a one she liked.

Quickly she kicked off the socks and pulled her hair out of the bun it had been in, hoping that would help with the way she looked, but still, she felt something missing. 

Maybe a different colour of socks...

Astrid kept the towel floating as she walked from around it to walk over to her drawer and see if she had anything else of use to wear. She would've asked her roommates for help but since the girls had actually been getting ready while Astrid had only been intensely working on improving her radio, the moment Malfoy had barged in, the girls had left, leaving the two alone. They had left but, of course, not without the endless string of smirks, nudges and eyebrow wiggles they had sent her way before exiting. Now, Astrid sort of regretted not getting ready earlier for she couldn't quite make up her mind by herself.

Malfoy drew a sharp breath and when Astrid turned to look at him alarmed, she could see the boy coughing into his hand as he tried to regain his breath. "I'm fine," he spoke, followed by another cough. "Fine."

Astrid smirked, her mind jumping to her own conclusion as to what had happened, and she joked. "I supposed this means you like my outfit." She did a small twirl, eating up the attention she was getting, before rolling her eyes and walking over to her things to find something to add to what she already wore.