Year 4 - 54

"I mean... I don't know. It was just a kiss."

The Slytherin girls were all in Hogsmeade, dress-shopping for Millicent and Tracey. The rest had arranged their dresses to be sent over by their parents. Having window-shopped with her mum hundreds of times, Astrid had known exactly which dress she wanted, and her mum knew too. So the girl had nothing to worry about in the department of whether her dress would be good. She was sure it would be stunning.

Mills and Tracey would also be receiving a dress form home, but both girls knew they would be horrible, deciding rather on choosing a cheaper version but by themselves.

As Daphne, Astrid, Pansy and Rosier strolled around the shop, Tracey and Mills patiently waited in their dressing cabins for all the dresses their friends threw their way.  

"It was nice," Astrid shrugged. "Nothing magical like in all these fiction novels."

Astrid had told Daphne all about being asked to be Mike's date and like a true girl, gossiped through all the details of what had happened. Noone but the group was in the shop at the moment, since it was the more expensive one out of all the shops in Hogsmeade, so it provided just the privacy the girls needed. 

The brown-eyed girl didn't mind her other roommates hearing as well, because everyone found out everything eventually anyway. It was no doubt they were all eavesdropping, considering none of them was ever as quiet.

"It didn't even last that long. Cause I mean... last year when-" Astrid stopped her speech abruptly as she realised she had said way too much.

"Last yea- WHAT? Who?" Daphne exclaimed and as Astrid glanced around the shop, her suspicion of the fact everyone was listening proved true. All girls had stopped in their tracks, Tracey even sticking her confused face out from around the curtain.

"Last year, haha," Astrid laughed, slapping her leg in fake humour. "What I meant is that I, you know, practised kissing my hand," it was a stupid thing to say, the girl knew. But it was certainly less stupid than kissing Malfoy. "The hand was a long-- better kisser. Funny..."

"Astrid Ninomae, who did you kiss?" Daphne demanded crossing her arms and then scoffing lightly. "I can't believe you didn't tell me."

"To be fair," Astrid raised one of her fingers in the air as if to strengthen her point, "I didn't initiate it."

"Who. was. it?" Daphne demanded, pouting slightly.

"No," Astrid sighed and then rapidly whipped around pointing at a smirking Rosier who had been right about to open her big knowing mouth. "If you say one word I swear I'll flush all of your Exam potions down the toilet."

Rosier narrowed her eyes slightly before leaning back where she had been sitting by the dressing rooms and raising her hands defensively; keeping her mouth shut. The ebony girl had worked on those potions for way too long and she was very well aware Astrid knew her way around the kitchens. Rosier wasn't going to be taking any chances.

"You told her and didn't tell me," now Daphne was straight-up offended.

"Of course I didn't tell her, you daft cow," Astrid frowned crossing her own arms, "that's Rosier we're talking about. She knows..."

Daphne just scoffed, then stomping away to the further end of the aisle, picking out a dress, then stomping right back to the dressing rooms, not saying a single word but bumping into Astrid's shoulder on the way.

"You can't seriously be mad," Astrid rolled her eyes as she leaned against the wall sideways and looked at her friend who now shoved the dress into Tracey's face, slamming the curtain shut before the girl could utter a single sound. Although they all knew Tracey wouldn't even try that dress on. It was a deep red after all, and Slytherins didn't really sport red colours.