Year 5 - 116

Scorching sun shone down on Astrid. She was drenched in sweat yet still it didn't help a tad to cool her down. The sand below her bare feet burned them just the same as the sun did her whole body.

Astrid was running. Breathless. Scared. Throat dry. She tried inhaling air but her chest felt shrivelled up, unable to move. The best she could compare it to was a plant that had suddenly been thrown into a desert without any source of water. It dried up until no life was left in it anymore.

And Astrid was running for her life. Though she felt she couldn't get anywhere.

The familiar face of Malfoy kept closing in no matter how hard she tried to get away. A ridiculously large pair of pliers held in his hands he threatened to enclose her to squeeze her whole. Was it to press down on her chest until the last breath left her mouth or to rip her heart out as a whole, she didn't want to imagine.

Astrid Ninomae was begging she'd be able to get away, wishing nothing but to run from the one who made her feel so - like running down the scorching grounds of a desert. She wanted nothing to do with him and she felt it was right she thought so. Her inner self was praising her yet her outer one couldn't get away.

The enormous pliers closed in around her and she screamed. But no sound came because her throat was dry. Two hands squeezed down on the handles of the pliers and she felt her chest clenching again. Though worst of all were the silvery eyes piercing right through hers - ones her whole self was pleading to escape. The eyes of the one something within her was telling her to stay away from. And yet she couldn't. She couldn't and the owner of the silver eyes knew that. 

"You're mine and you'll forever be so."

It almost felt like he was urging her to escape too. Because he couldn't not have known that being controlled was the one thing Astrid wouldn't ever tolerate. 

She tried to break free but she couldn't. The metal of the pliers worked tighter against her already burning flesh and she felt they would snap her in half. Just as anyone who controlled her would. 

And then it happened. A manic laugh. A flex of muscles. A splash of blood. A click of metal. A girl snapped in half.

Astrid opened her eyes with a sharp inhale of her breath. Her lips felt dry as she scrambled out of her bed to get over to the chest of drawers over which her glass of water stood. Chest heaving up and down, she downed the contents of the glass in one go, before falling back into her bed with a small thud and a sigh. Illuminated by the morning sun shining through the water behind the window of their room, Astrid took long breaths, trying to calm her racing heart.

And then she laughed. Quietly, careful not to wake up anyone else, yet somehow filled with immense relief. Because it was much easier imagining how stupid Malfoy had looked with a pair of large pliers in his hands, rather than thinking about what the dream had implied. 

She glanced down at her ring - the only one she didn't ever take off, even when going to sleep. It had always been so. Soft glow dispersed from its gem, leaving it black and neutral like it always was. Wasn't it so dark in the room, the more greenish glow of it would've been easily visible. Though no matter what lightning, she thought it to be beautiful. Looking at it, the gift of her childhood friend, reminded her of that one sentence he had often told her. A tear is a terrible thing to waste and love is a miserable thing to chase. She remembered it and she stood by it. Thinking about it then she could only hope that love wasn't something feelings resulted to. Although she hadn't been chasing such, having them somehow still felt wrong. Unnatural almost.

Watching it further, seeing as a small streak of bright green glistened in the gem almost like a falling star, Astrid was again filled with an odd sense of curiosity. She had forever wondered if it held any magical properties since her friend had been the one to first introduce her to magic. The girl felt guilty for thinking so, but she still couldn't quite believe that the ring didn't. It was like an odd inkling within her. Although she had checked it with the new spell she had learned, still it felt odd it didn't have any properties.