Year 5 - 86

Three nights had passed and soon Astrid and Draco found themselves at their usual spot in the library.

Books upon books were piled on the table between them as Draco had made them both read upon the First Wizarding War to gather all the information they possibly could. What they were looking for were either physical attributes or any stories on any romantic affairs or children. It wasn't a surprise the two teens could barely find anything to describe the dark wizard at all.

Tall, thin and nearly skeletal like, pale, with flat dark hair, that had turned almost rubber-like, and vivid red eyes with vertical, cat-like pupils - shortly described - a man who didn't look much human any longer, resembling more a reptile.

The only piece of information the two had been able to take from that was that he must've had dark or brownish hair, which made for nearly 80 per cent of the British population.

Though one good thing came from that. They could rule Ella Wilkins and Viola Richmond out for both girls had really pale natural blonde hair.

Reading on the topic as much as they did, a daughter hadn't yet even been mentioned once. And despite all the other lies they had been told, both teens were still ready to trust their fathers no matter what.

Astrid had never been able to sit in one place for long, especially while reading, and especially when it was the same information described with different words in a different book. No wonder that after about an hour of said reading, Astrid was already fidgeting in her spot, one of her legs jumping up and down, the end of her pen tapping furiously against the tabletop as she skipped over the words.

"Can you quit that?" Draco finally scoffed once the tapping had become insufferable.

Astrid looked up at him confused.

The blonde rolled his eyes, quickly snatching the gadget he had refused to use himself out of the girl's hands and placing it by his side. Draco would never admit but watching her always scribbling away with it, he had become awfully wanting of one too.

"Hey, I need that!"

"You're reading."

"I need to underline so I don't forget."

"You're doing what? You're ruining the books that way!"

"Okay, Miss Hermione Granger," Astrid shook her head as she eyed the lad. She had not talked much with the girl over the year, but they had been polite - a small smile here, a polite 'hi' in the hallway there. Once they had even studied together when Astrid had come about to the library to find the bushy-haired girl sitting alone. She had heard of her enough to know how much the Gryffindor adored books. "It's from the restricted section. Nobody's allowed to read it anyway."

Both had been keeping track of the information they found useful. Where Draco carefully copied it down in the forms of notes, Astrid bent pages, put pieces of parchment in between them or simply underlined sentences. She wanted to get it all done faster and she had always been rather lazy.

Although the topic of You-Know-Who's daughter did interest her, the one of war did not.

"Okay so..." Astrid breathed after a moment longer, as she closed the fifth book she had skimmed over that night. Draco was still going through his second. "I don't know bout you, but I feel this is getting ridiculous." The blonde looked up at the girl, his brows furrowed in confusion. "Have you seen his real name mentioned even once?"

Now that Draco thought about it, he had not.

"How is that possible?" Astrid questioned further. "It's like the man turned up out of nowhere."