Year 2 - 7

"It's so unfair that they can just lock us all in here while they are out there and partying."

It was Friday, October 31st, Halloween, and the four girls had just come back to their room. After having a splendid dinner in the Great Hall having enjoyed all the foods your heart could've ever desired for, and have enjoyed them in the spooky Halloween atmosphere that the elves of Hogwarts managed to compose every year, the girls had gone off to their detention. They had spent a couple of hours cleaning a total of four classrooms and by the time they returned to their house dungeon, it was already nearing midnight. 

The older Slytherins had set up their annual Halloween party like they did every year. Butterbeer, firewhisky, sketchy potions, and drunk students were everywhere when the girls entered the common room. But before they could have fully taken in the whole scene around them, a figure had appeared in front of them. It had been the Slytherin prefect Gemma Farley.

"What are you doing out of your rooms?" she had asked sternly seeming to be the only sober person in the whole house.

"We just got back from detention," Daphne had answered and crossed her arms.

"Baby rebels," Gemma had scoffed. "Now shoo quickly back to your dorm. I can't have you ruining the party."

"What if we want to stay," Daphne had said firmly. 

It hadn't taken long to find out what would happen if they wanted to say as with a simple snap of Gemma's fingers two hunky 7th-year boys appeared out of nowhere, each grabbing two of the girls and dragging them back to their dorm. 

"I can't believe they had to drag us here," Maggie said straightening her clothes. "I can walk my bloody self."

"We are twelve!" Daphne exclaimed seriously fed up. "We're not that little anymore. When will people start realizing that?"

"Are you seriously mad they aren't letting twelve-year-olds drink alcohol?" Tracey asked with a typical roll of her eyes. 

"I hate how people see us as little kids," Daphne continued. "I could fight them all off if I had to," she said cracking her knuckles. "Try me!"

Astrid didn't agree with Daphne's view. She hadn't ever tried any alcohol except for the sip of her mother's champagne the previous Christmas and she didn't really see where all the big fun of getting drunk was. All she saw were daft imbeciles and puking when it came to the matter. There was no way that could equal having a fun time.

"Hold up!" Astrid said noticing something strange. "Where're Pansy and Mills?"

Daphne dropped her hands as she looked around the room just as confused. Quickly her hands flew back up and into her hair as she pulled at it in exasperation. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

"Why are they letting them party and not ME? This is ridiculous. I am the fun friend. I am the better one. Not THEM."

"I think we all see the reason behind that. Even without alcohol, you're annoyingly hysterical," Tracey droned as she sat on her bed and with a slight flicker of her wand levitated a fresh set of pyjamas out of their shared closet.

Astrid opened her mouth to agree but was interrupted by the door being unlocked. Daphne looked up in hope only to frown as she realised who it was.

"Good evening, ladies," Parkinson greeted as she stumbled into the room. Millicent walked in behind her and quickly closed and locked the door. "I have a surprise."

"What is it?" Daphne asked crossing her arms, still fed up she had to stay in her room all night.

"Oi. Oi. Eager, are we?" Pansy asked with a slight raise of her eyebrows.