Year 5 - 97

Astrid looked at Malfoy and Draco looked at Ninomae, their glares equally angered.

All because they wanted to hate one another but they couldn't.

Astrid had stopped by the stall in which she and Malfoy had set up their little potions project. The blonde himself stood in it, a glass stirring stick in his hand.

The light coming from the small windows in the bathroom was dimmed a little by the mosaics placed over them, colouring the setting in a darkened mix of everything. Looking over it quickly it would've looked simply like a brownish, yellowish glow. Inspecting it further one would notice the turmoil of colours within.

Draco looked Ninomae up and down before rolling his eyes and turning back to the cauldron with a scoff.

Astrid couldn't stand it anymore.

"What's your problem?" the girl snapped, her hands now crossed over her chest.

Earlier that week Astrid had been hanging out with Pansy. The two had been sitting in their dorm, talking about this and that, nothing in particular, when Tracey Davis had walked in. Ever since Halloween, the girls had been at one another's necks, yelling and clawing every chance they got. That afternoon had been no exception. The second Pansy had laid her eyes on the green-eyed platinum-blonde, she had sneered out a nasty comment about the way she wore her stockings. Tracey had used her newly acquired short temper to its full potential, shouting profanities straight back at her.

Looking at it Astrid had wondered if that was how she and Malfoy had always looked. Shouting and bantering about the same topics on a loop, without ever getting anywhere. She had wondered if they too gave others nothing but a headache. 

"You," Draco whipped back around to look at her, pointing his stirring stick angrily. "You are my problem.

Astrid knew she and Malfoy were giving her a headache.

"What is it that I have done? I haven't done anything. You are the one who's come out and kissed me. Twice! And then you return to this... Whatever on earth you're doing..."

Seeing the argument between Pansy and Tracey, Astrid had jumped out of her bed and demanded the two girls to just finally shut up. She had jokingly called herself a relationship therapist before turning her tone serious back again and demanded both apologized to one another. A bit of her good old persuasion and the girls had done just that. Although they hadn't appeared very sincere.

But that was up to them. All Astrid knew was that after she had locked the two in the room for an hour or two demanding them to talk it all through, when she came back neither was yelling or glaring anymore. Whatever had happened, the two had managed to find their peace with one another.

"I'm making a Polyjuice potion," the blonde huffed.

"You know that's not what I'm talking about."

Astrid was sick of Malfoy constantly ruining her good spirits. She wanted to make peace with him too.

"Then what are you talking about? Enlighten me!" Draco crossed his arms as well, subconsciously mirroring Ninomae's stance.

"I know we've never been mates per se. And I never expect us to be. I am gonna come out and straight up say this - I can't stand the way you treat me. I'm not very pleased by your jolly presence either but we could at least put our difference aside. Like we've been doing for the past few months. Let's just finish this daughter thing and move past it. I don't understand how it makes it in any way more pleasant for you to be constantly attacking me when we're working together."