Year 5 - 79

Astrid was sat at the further end of the big Hogwarts library. She had hidden away behind a bigger bookcase in hopes that the candle she had brought with her wouldn't cast too much attention on her if anyone would decide to check for wandering students like her.

It was well past curfew - four minutes past midnight to be exact - and Astrid was thoughtfully tapping the top of the pen she held against the dark wood of one of the library's wooden tables. The girl had already snatched a few parchments from where they always resided on the librarian's desk.

She waited.

On the parchment in front of her years and houses had been written down, leaving space beneath them to allow and write down the names of students they would consider important.

A little bored and lost in thought Astrid kept on blowing out the candle in front of her and then concentrating her best to try and light it up again wandlessly and non-verbally. 

The girl chuckled with a defeated sigh when for the 5th time the candle simply fell over instead of its end lighting on fire. 

She heard the faint sound of footsteps on her right and lifted the candle up trying to light it for one last time. It felt almost like a small push from some higher power when she saw the candle actually light up, the flame momentarily nearly reaching the top of her nose.

Draco had just about walked out one of the library's aisles, holding a rather hefty book in his hands, when he had seen Ninomae cast the spell. The reflection of the fire flickered in her eyes as the light flashed brightly off of her rings.

The blonde hated he couldn't do that.

"Are you aware your roommate is snogging some lad in one of these aisles?" he called out and Astrid looked up at the boy, her eyes slightly widened in intrigue.

Walking between the seemingly neverending aisles of bookcases upon bookcases trying to find the one book the two of them needed - one that held names of all students who attended Hogwarts -, Draco had accidentally run into a snogging couple. They had cast a muffaliato so the boy hadn't heard them before rounding the corner. But the moment he had noticed, Draco instantly granted them the privacy they had obviously been searching for. He wanted no part of the sloppy attack it had looked like.

"Who?"

"Davis, I think, cause of the hair. Though it could've been Loony Lovegood. Although, her style certainly isn't as classy as that one was."

"Hey, don't call her that!"

"Don't call who what?"

"Lovegood isn't Loony. Perhaps she's a bit odd at times but there's nothing wrong with that."

Astrid had never personally conversed with the younger girl but she had heard plenty about her over the years. Especially what with Crabbe and Goyle enjoying taunting her, constantly taking her stuff or pushing her around. Astrid was mesmerised by how indifferent the girl appeared, pleasant to everything and everyone, no matter what was done to her. She hated how people treated her just because she was different. Astrid didn't particularly care but she, unfortunately, knew what it felt like - being pushed away by all the people around her. It wasn't very nice.

"Of course, you would say that," Draco sneered, taking his seat across from the tad bit angered girl, as he threw the book down onto the table with a loud boom.

Purposefully avoiding her eyes, the blonde looked down at the book and opened it to its last pages, looking for the names of people who were still in Hogwarts right then. Opening it, he furrowed his brows slightly. This was his first time looking through such a book and seeing moving pictures over every name was a bit surprising. He had not been aware of that.