Year 4 - 61

Little Astrid Ninomae was laying on the couch in her living room, her head bopping side to side to the music in the background, as she listened to the words her father was telling her.

"And then-"

"Wait," Astrid interrupted the words of her father as she jumped up to her feet. The chorus of the song had come on and Astrid had to take a pause from the conversation to enjoy the moment and the song fully.

"Little one, this is serious," her father insisted but Astrid just sent him a small smile in between her silly singing.

"I'm being serious," the girl threw out in the short pause there was to take a break before the chorus instantly came back repeating itself.

Eric Ninomae smiled at his daughter and then turned to look at his wife who was ushering through the kitchen and just cleaning up. The woman had wanted her Astrid to help her, but since Eric had insisted he had to have a talk with her before she was sent off to Hogwarts, she had reduced to doing it alone. 

Clearly, not requiring Astrid to help so she could have a serious talk had been a foolish idea. The girl simply wasn't capable of sitting down and talking. Especially at her ripe age of just eleven years old.

"Tell me, why did we buy her the vinyl?" Eric asked Laura with an amused huff. 

"It was your idea, darling," Laura laughed, shaking her head and turning back to her cleaning.

"I think it was a brilliant idea," the daughter herself declared as she began rhythmically walking around the chair her dad sat on, just to irk him.

"Little one, we need to talk," her dad was smiling as she raised her eyebrows in intrigue.

"I'm listening."

"Sit down."

"Haha, no."

Astrid was in the middle of shimmying around the living room with her imaginary company when her mother turned to her, addressing the girl.

"Astrid, sit down."

At this the brown-eyed girl sighed, complying and taking her original spot on the couch. Though her left foot never stopped the rhythmical tapping on the ground.

"Hey," her dad sounded almost offended, "why do you only listen to your mother?"

"Cause mum is cooler," Astrid chuckled and then shot her mum a triumphant glance back over her shoulder. It wasn't the first time they chose to side together against the man in the house just for the fun of it. 

Laura raised her eyebrows suggestively at her husband, almost as if bragging about whom their daughter was favouring at the moment.

But then Eric Ninoame's playful expression was gone, instead replaced by an immense glare.

"Your mother is a filthy muggle."

Astrid stirred in her sleep, her nose scrunching up in slight fear. She knew these were not the words she had been meant to hear. It was a memory she was dreaming of, which was unusual enough in itself. This was not how it had been supposed to go.

"Dad?" Astrid questioned, her voice laced with fear as she saw the man stand up, his eyes ablaze.

The man walked straight up to Astrid and struck her across the cheek, making her fall back. The girl cried out and began wailing even harder once she felt her father push her back on the couch, placing his knee on her stomach, pinning her down, and with on hand squishing her cheeks and jaw to the point it hurt.