Year 4 - 57

The whole room erupted in the loudest applause Astrid had ever heard. Daphne and Blaise cheering and hooting the loudest were proud of what they had accomplished.

Draco pulled Astrid to stand back up straight and held her for a second longer as the two just stared at one another. Neither knew what to say. Not what to do for that matter either. Both their minds were phased by the wonderful sensation of utter elation yet complete inner peace. Their hearts were thumping a thousand miles a second, their breaths a little heavy.

Another second passed and the sudden oddness of the situation made the teens hastily pull back from one another, disparting their hands.

The two teens hated one another, or so they thought and wished. Much with their fathers' rivalry and their own forever disagreements. But in the given moment both felt much different. Almost as if there was nothing wrong with it. Astrid had been told to stay away from the Malfoy boy like the plague, yet there she was, disobeying, as always, and bringing the doom right upon herself. The girl could feel the bone-rattling sense of fright as she acknowledged the fact she had once again gone too far.

Draco's own mind appeared to resemble a broken record player. One that was only able to play a single record over and over and over again. A record of all the moments the boy had gotten the same feeling he did just then - the odd itch somewhere within him that he kept failing to perceive what it was or what it all meant. Confusion, frustration and rage following so quickly after said emotions that sometimes he mixed them together, believing that the anger was all he had even felt in the first place.

"You stopped. I win," Draco scoffed looking away, unable to keep the eye contact any longer. The whirlwind of oddities within him was bad enough as it was.

Draco smirked at the gathered crowd around them doing a deep cocky bow, before turning to the side to start the walk back to his classmates.

"Ahem," Astrid hurried after the boy, just having done a deep bow of her own, happily drinking in all the praise and attention. "I don't think you noticed but you were standing too."

"You stopped dancing first. When I dipped you, you-"

"If you want to get into details, Malfoy, then technically you stopped first since the movement of me standing up was still a dance while you just stood there."

"Who do you believe was the one hauling your fat bum to stand back up straight, huh?"

Astrid knew what she had to do, and she hated it. With clear disgust, the girl opened her mouth, just hardly being able to get the words past her lips. "We can- truce then?"

Although Draco wanted to win, and quite desperately for that matter, the urge to finally sit down was much stronger.

Agreeing with the girl came almost impossible to him. So, being unable to speak, Draco just stuck out his hand for her to shake. Which, mirroring the blonde's disgust, Astrid took in hers and shook.

"That. Was. BEAUTIFUL!" Daphne was ecstatic as the two walked up to the table, the Slytherins were all gathered around.

The first thing Draco did was collapse onto the nearest empty seat. All the while Astrid went straight for a glass of water. The girl didn't know if she had ever felt quite as thirsty.

"You know," Astrid started but then cut herself off as she had just taken a huge gulp of water and wasn't able to speak properly. Her body was tired and her mind not working very clearly as the result of the excessive exercise. She quickly swallowed and continued. "It's a knob move what you did out there. Very much so not appreciated."

"Oh, stop it," Daphne laughed a beaming smile spreading from her one ear to the other. "We all know you both enjoyed it."

"Will you have one last dance with me, Draco?" Pansy questioned the blonde softly, eying him as he rested his elbow on the table and the side of his face against his palm. Draco stared blankly at a spot in front of him, his bow tie now completely taken off.