Year 4 - 68

Further complications only awaited the lives of the students as the day of the Thrid task came.

But for the time being, the girls were happy.

Somewhat.

The happiest of them being Tracey Davis who twirled around the first-floor corridor cheerily. Her hair was let down and curled, as per Daphne's request. A bolder-than-usual makeup set to her face, suggested by Mills, applied by Pansy and scolded about by Rosier. 

Scolded about why? Well, Rosier found it utterly ridiculous and stupid Tracey had done so much just to gain the attention of Cedric Diggory, the guy who they were all rooting for to win that day.

Tracey would be playing with the school's orchestra while the champions were in the maze and her friends had made sure she was the prettiest girl of them all.

Tracey Davis still had a boyfriend, but they were on an ever rocky road. Tracey was unconditionally herself and she could never understand how the lad always got offended when she started up an argument. It wasn't that she ever wanted to offend him, she was simply used to have these discussions with Rosier and the ebony girl never got offended. If anything, she only ever found better and better arguments to stand against with. Tracey Davis was on a not-thoroughly-discussed break with her boyfriend and she had never hidden her crush on Cedric Diggory.

Of course, the girl wasn't there to make a move on him. She was 14 and he was 17 after all. But she had always liked to dream. Imagining being pretty and all the scenarios in which the bloke could approach her was indescribably pleasant.

This was one of the few days Tracey Davis turned off her permanently negative attitude, allowing herself to let free for a moment and don't care. Allowing herself to skip and twirl around the empty corridor, her violin in hand playing a free-style tune and chanting silly lyrics she and her roommates had made up about the tournament. 

Allowing herself to skip and twirl until she accidentally collided with somebody she had not quite expected to see. Allowing herself to skip and twirl until she regretted ever allowing herself to let be.

The girls giggled to themselves as they saw Tracey turn around with a small 'oi'. The only person who looked way less than entertained was Rosier.

"Pardon m-" the words died in Tracey's throat once she turned around to see who it was. The green-eyed girl gulped, a shaky laugh-like breath escaping her as she stared into an identical set of dark green eyes.

"Hello, mother," Tracey's smile was gone, her posture regained as she now stared at the woman with a perfectly polite expression. She glanced over the woman's shoulder and gave a half-hearted smile and a nod at the man who stood there. "Father. What are you doing here?"

Astrid only realised she had stopped dead in her tracks when she felt Rosier push her from the back, ushering her to keep moving. Astrid instantly understood the implication Rosier's look held. They had to get Tracey away and the brown-eyed girl had to talk their way through.

"Mr and Mrs Davis," Astrid greeted trying her best to smooth out the obvious tension. "How lovely to meet you. Tracey has told us many great things about you." Astrid didn't know a single thing about the two adults. "You've come to watch the performance I suppose..?"

The woman eyed Astrid up and down; clearly an object of great scorn. The brown-eyed girl felt her polite smile beginning to falter as the disapproving glance made her feel terribly self-conscious. She felt like covering up despite the fact she, with her wide pants and an oversized sweatshirt, was probably the most covered out of the six girls stood there in the middle of the hallway at the moment.