Chapter 27

Matt's POV

Once we were both comfortable in bed, we called Antonio back via FaceTime after having missed his call. He probably understood why as we sat next to her each other, me having my arm around Gabby's back while she put her head on my shoulder. I saw Antonio smile at us once his face appeared on the screen.

"Well, if it isn't the new parents. You guys sleep deprived yet?" I laughed while kissing Gabby's head and moving to run my fingers through her hair. "Not yet." He looked at us before smiling. "Sorry I couldn't help. I have to get back into the swing of things here." Gabby nodded before smiling at him. "That's okay. You on break?"

"Well, not technically but....I knew you were leaving the hospital and told Voigt that I had to call at one point to check on my sister and nephew. Just didn't expect to see Matt." I smiled at him before rubbing Gabby's arm. "I took a month off work. That way, we can move Gabby back in and set all of Matteo's stuff up. Make a nursery."

He smiled when I said that and was about to speak when I said something. "Also, uhm..we have news." I turned to look at Gabby before nudging her hand. "Uhm, I am going to need you to walk me down the aisle in a few months." I smiled as she lifted her hand up to show off her engagement ring that I had given her.

Antonio smiled. "That was fast Matt." I nodded and smiled. "Well, we technically got engaged at the hospital. But, I decided to do it right when we got back here. Got on one knee and slid the ring on her finger. Now, we aren't rushing the wedding." Gabby looked up at me. "Oh no, we are going to wait at least a year before we get married."

I turned my head to look at her, shocked. "You want me to wait an entire year to make you my wife again?" Gabby sighed and then rubbed my hand. "There's a reason." I then looked at her. "Which is?"