Date Night Part 2

Gabby's POV

Once I was all comfortable in the living room, I turned the TV onto a music channel because I wasn't ready to watch TV when I was going to be eating supper with Matt. I was especially glad I didn't turn a channel on because shortly after sitting down Matt walked over with two plates of food. I smiled when he walked over, reaching out for my plate.

"Now, before I sit down. I was going to just grab you some water if that's okay? I don't know what you can and can't drink yet when it comes to being a new mom." I nodded, realizing that is probably something I need to talk to him about. "Until I am done breastfeeding Matteo, I am only going to be drinking water. I can't have alcohol or caffeine."

Matt looked at me and smirked. "Oh, this is going to be fun. He then walked away before going to grab us some water from the tap." I then leaned back and looked at him. "You know, normally when a new mom decides to stop drinking caffeine...it's normal for the new dad to offer to do the same considering you know...I am the one that keeps your kid alive."

Matt looked at me after filling up our glasses of water before nodding, walking back over to me. "Very good point. Then it's settled, I will not drink caffeine around you." I glared at him as he sits down next to me with water, him looking at me like I Was joking. "Oh c'mon, you mean when I am back at work too? I can't have caffeine to keep me up when I'm on duty?"

I went to grab his hand and sighed. "Fine, but only when you are at the firehouse. When you are with me or not at the firehouse, you are sober. And that includes when we go to Molly's. Sorry but, you said we're in this together. I expect that to mean all of it. So, you enjoy that caffeine at the firehouse because for the next few months...that's all you are getting."

Matt chuckled and nodded before leaning over to kiss me. "Let's eat before the food gets cold. Then we can watch some of the recordings that have been on this DVR for at least a year." I nodded as I went to grab my utensils, ready to have a nice meal with my guy for the first time in over a year.