Lunch Conversation

Gabby's POV

When I heard Matt say that his situation has changed because he isn't alone anymore and he doesn't have time to run a political campaign, I couldn't help but smile. I smiled because I was what changed the situation. We are back together with Matteo. Yet, at the same time I knew Matt would be a great politician and didn't want to stop him from running if he wanted to.

"Matt, I don't want us having a family change whatever you set in motion before we got back together, had Matteo and got married again. If you planned to run, go ahead and do it. I promise that I won't stop you. You have my full support." He looked at me and then sighed. "It's not that I don't want to, it's that I can't run anymore."

I was so confused when he said that. "Why not baby?" He looked at me and then smiled. "I don't want to spend anymore time away from you guys than I have to. Sure, if Matteo was older and not a newborn...and maybe if we weren't newlyweds again...then I would consider it but, I don't want to be in Springfield when I am needed here."

I smiled when he said that and then moved my hand to his neck. I kissed him softly before looking down at Matteo. "I think I can say this both on behalf of myself and Matteo. We are going to be so happy to have you here. But, if you choose to run....I will be there. I am not working and I can travel with you and Matteo. I am not going to hold you back."

Matt turned his head and smiled at me. "I am still not doing it this time around. Maybe next cycle. But right now, I just want to concentrate on rebuilding our relationship. That and I don't want to miss a minute of this little guy growing up. I remember when Violet was growing up, her mom hated going to work and missed her first steps."

I smiled when he said that before looking at the food her made. "Listen, how about we eat then we can get close again? The more you talk like that...it makes me want to kiss you. So, we can keep talking but....I want to be very close to you. Close enough that I can easily kiss you. And trust me, it's not very easy to kiss you when we have a baby here in the middle and some food on the bed." Matt chuckled and nodded when I said that before grabbing my hand. "Sure."

I smiled at him before turning my attention back to Matteo as I fed him, still holding Matt's hand as we both looked at Matteo as he ate that afternoon.