Planning our Honeymoon

Gabby's POV

When Matt started talking about our honeymoon, I was so happy. We didn't take one the first time. However, his response to where we could go was a little shocking. "A cabin in Wisconsin? Seriously Matt, with a newborn?" He looked at me and sighed. "Sorry, it's the best I got for now." I looked at him and then went to grab his hand. "Think family oriented. Less romantic."

Matt nodded before thinking about it. "Well, I think anywhere we go can become romantic but okay. We can always just leave the city. I will consider that a honeymoon because we are leaving Chicago behind and we are somewhere that only we know. Maybe we can find a place that can become our place, a place we can take Matteo every summer or something?"

I smiled at the idea. "Maybe a place on a lake where we can do family camping trips or cabin trips. However, there has to be internet access and tv. I love the idea of a cabin but, I can't be off the grid. That is something I hated about being in Puerto Rico. That's one thing I never want to experience again. Sorry but, our early conversations were so hard sometimes."

Matt nodded in agreement. "Well, that is not going to happen again because we are always going to be in the same city from now on. And I mean it, if you want to go back and volunteer more...I will come with you and Matteo." I smiled when he said that. I would love that. But first, we need to take a honeymoon.

Matt nodded. "You know, there's no rule how soon after the wedding you have to take the honeymoon. We could always delay it for a year." I smiled when he said that. "And instead of having a honeymoon with a newborn, we have our honeymoon on our first anniversary shortly after Matteo's first birthday." Matt nodded again and smiled.

"However, before then I want to do something just for us today. Today, I want to treat you to a spa day at home. I can give you a massage, we can take a shower together where I can wash you..." I smiled when he said that before I moved closer to him and started to kiss him. "Stop talking, you are starting to really turn me on."

He chuckled and nodded before moving to set his plate down on his side table. "I'm done eating. Are you?" I nodded and smiled, giving him my plate before letting him put it on top of his. "Yes." Matt smiled as he wrapped my arms around him before putting his hand on my hip. We were now laying down close to one another in bed, looking at each other.

After looking at me for a moment in silence, Matt moved to grab my neck and then started to kiss me passionately as we laid down in bed together under the covers. I loved the feeling of his lips on mine and smiled as we shared a kiss that morning, not going any further. I missed this feeling and was glad to have it back.