Chapter 69

Matt's POV

"The Future Mrs. Captain Casey." I loved saying those words. I was ready to make Gabby my wife again because then my world is complete. I love her like crazy and want her to be my wife again. I am just waiting to see what Boden and Stella's responses are. Stella spoke first. "Brett is going to be mad....she said two months tops. I said two weeks tops!"

That's when Gabby stared at her. "You bet on how long before we got engaged again?" She smiled and nodded. While Gabby and Stella laughed a bit, I felt Boden walk up to me. He put his hand on my shoulder before looking at me. "How you holding up Matt?" I looked up at him and sighed. "Might need to change my paternity leave a bit. Play it by ear now."

He nodded before looking at Matteo. "I understand Matt. I still regret not taking Paternity Leave when Terrence was born. Take all the time you need especially after this scare." I sighed while looking up at him. "It was stress induced." He looked at me confused. "What was?" I looked at Gabby before getting her attention. "Can I tell Boden what happened so he understands?"

Gabby looked at me, not happy because she doesn't want her health problems shared to the entire world. "Matt, he isn't family." I looked at her. "I am trying to get a longer Paternity Leave." She then smiled at me. "Oh, okay. That sounds great." I sighed before looking up at Boden, hearing Gabby go back to talking to Stella.

"Gabby passed out after having a fight with her father. I would like to be home until stuff calms down. Be there in case something happens and I need to take care of Matteo. Plus, we might be moving up the wedding. Her dad threatened me actually so, I was hoping to marry Gabby before he can act on the threat. If we are married, I can do more to protect her."

Boden looked at me shocked and then came to hug me. "God, you are not having a good day are you Matt?" I shook my head as I hugged him and started to tear up for the first time, not realizing how much I actually needed to cry for a while.