Chapter 74

Gabby's POV

After eating supper together, Matt moved the food cart back out to the hallway before closing the door and putting the privacy sign up. He then turned to look at me and smiled as he made his way over to me. I could tell he was ready to hold me in his arms as we relaxed. We have had a few stressful days and we just needed time with each other again.

When he got to me, he slipped into bed and brought me close to him. "So, here we are....back in the hospital bed where we first met Matteo." I chuckled and smiled while wrapping my arm around his waist and then leaned up to kiss him softly. "Not funny but yes. This time though, we are here on better terms. And we are here as a couple."

Matt smiled as he ran his finger through my hair, pushing a strand behind my ear. "There is nowhere I would rather be right now. I mean, relationship wise. Trust me....I do not want to ever have to hold you in a hospital bed on a good day. But, as long as we are together....everything is going to be okay. I have faith in us and faith in our family."

I smiled when he said that before moving to rub his chest. "Just curious, speaking of family...have you talked to your sister yet?" He nodded. "I texted her pictures. She sends her congrats but...she doesn't want to come back to Chicago right now. Maybe we can go to Florida and see her sometime soon."

That's when I realized something. "That's why you want to go to Florida on our honeymoon isn't it? So that we can see your sister and introduce Matteo to her and Violet?" Matt sighed and nodded. "Your entire family has met Matteo. And while I have told my sister about her, she hasn't come to visit. I mean....our door is always open." I chuckled when he said that before hearing his sister walk in.

"Good, because I got here just before visiting hours finished. Mind telling me why exactly I haven't seen cute pictures of my nephew yet?" Matt turned to look at his sister, shocked.