Chapter 143

Matt's POV

Once I finished making us some breakfast, I put it on some plates before walking over to the couch so that I could give Gabby her breakfast. Sitting down next to her, I put the plate of food on the table before moving my hand to hers. She was about to grab it when I moved close to her. "Hey, before we eat...I want to just say that no matter where we live, I will be happy."

Gabby looked at me confused. "Is that why you didn't answer me before you went to the kitchen?" I sighed, nodding. "I didn't want to start a fight. You need to relax and we have already had enough drama in our marriage to last us a while." She chuckled when I said that before laying her head down on my shoulder. I kissed it softly before smiling.

"At the end of the day, as long as we live together with Matteo....that is all I need to be happy." We both agreed with that statement as I moved my arm around her waist back and grabbed our plates. Putting them on our laps, we grabbed our forks and were about to eat when we heard Matteo. "Think he needs food?"

Gabby turned to look at him and smiled. "No, just taking a minute to say hello." I turned to look at him and smiled, rubbing his cheek. "Morning Matteo. Daddy loves you." Gabby smiled when I said that, wrapping her arms around mine before kissing my shoulder. "Mommy and daddy both love you, you're our little miracle."

"Are we going to ever tell him why he's our miracle baby?" I turned to look at Gabby and then shook my head. "I don't think he needs that burden in his life. Would you be okay with knowing that you are only alive because your mom risked her life so you could be born?" Gabby stared at me and then nodded. "Okay, he doesn't find out."

I smiled at her before going to grab the fork I brought to start eating breakfast. "Here, let's eat and then we can cuddle under a blanket. We should just relax today. The house is quiet and we can just lay down here. I can run my hand up and down your back and we can be alone." Gabby nodded at me and smiled as she went to grab her breakfast, ready to relax in my arms.