Chapter 144

Gabby's POV

After eating breakfast, Matt walked over to the kitchen to do the dishes while I laid down on the couch comfortably. However, he was going to hold me when he got back...he promised. I always liked to sit in his arms. It made me feel so safe. His arm around my waist and his lips on my forehead always calmed me down. He is the ultimate stress reliever for me and I love that about him. He is my rock and I'm his rock.

He wasn't that long because he has gotten pretty good at doing dishes. I was already on my fifth house, having vetoed the others when I saw Matt walk back over. "Mind if I get back in and we can look at those houses together?" I looked up at him and smiled before opening the covers. Letting him on the couch, I waited for him to put his feet up next to me before crawling into his lap and laying down on his chest.

Matt smiled when I laid down on him as he wrapped his arm around me. Checking on Matteo before we went any further, he moved him closer to us while kissing my forehead. "Love you." I smiled when he said that. "Love you too." Once we were finally comfortable, I grabbed the iPad before opening the app. We started to look for houses while debating what we wanted.

It turned out Matt wanted a more rustic-late 20th century while I wanted something newer. I was tired of living in fixer uppers. However, I knew I would have to give Matt projects to do somehow since he was going to be bored after a while so...I gave in and let him have his fixer upper. However, I got the zip code I wanted. It wasn't in the city but, just on the outer edges of Chicago.

"And you're sure that you are okay with the commute time? It says 45 minutes but probably will be more like an hour when it comes to traffic." Matt didn't like that. "That's too far. I would either have to transfer houses or we would have to not get that house." I sighed. "Would you consider transferring houses if it meant we got the perfect house for our family?" Matt bit his lip when I said that, knowing that was something he couldn't do.

"Gabby, I love you but....I can't transfer out of 51."