Chapter 58

10 minutes later - Chicago Med

"Post-Natal mom, 48 hours since release...passed out on scene due to fight with father. Fiancé with us." Sylvie said as they walked into the emergency department at Chicago Med. That's when Maggie noticed us. "Baghdad" Sylvie then led her there before moving back to let Matt into the room with the doctors.

Matt's POV

As I walked into the room, I froze. I saw the woman I love there....out cold while I stood there scared to do anything to hurt her. I was still in shock from seeing her on the floor, scared to loose her. That's when I heard someone call my name. It was Natalie. "Matt, you specifically requested me and Will for this according to the 911?"

I turned to look at Will and then walked over to him. "Sorry, Will just knows our history with pregnancy and I trust him when it comes to Gabby." I turned to look at Will. "You save my girl!" Will looked at me and then nodded. "What happened anyways?" I sighed. "Her father came over and a fight started. I was making breakfast. Maybe she needed food."

He nodded before joining Natalie in examining Gabby. That's when I felt Maggie grab me. "C'mon, let's go sit down." I turned to look at her. "I'm staying here next to her bed. She risked her life to give me a kid. I am not loosing her to a fight with her dad." I stood in the corner, looking on as I watched the woman I love laying there, frozen.