Chapter 18

Gabby's POV

After eating the lunch Matt made me, I finally got to rest. I was just laying there in bed, watching some TV and catching up on some recordings on the PVR. Turns out that Matt wasn't smart enough to remember to cancel these recordings. However....I was glad he didn't because now, I got to catch up on my shows. That was, until I saw Matt dose off.

After watching him fall asleep, I decided to shut the TV off and turn the lamp off, deciding to join some sleep when I felt Matt move his arm around me. "Why did you move? I was all comfortable." I chuckled when he said that before rubbing his arm. I then rolled over and looked at him while slipping my legs in between his and grabbing his neck.

Matt smiled at me before leaning his forehead against mine. "Have I told you that I am so happy you are home and that I feel like the luckiest man alive right now?" I smiled when he said that before moving to kiss him softly. "I feel the same way. I was so scared when I came back pregnant. Scared to die, scared you would be mad...scared I won't get a second chance."

After saying that, I felt Matt start to get tense. I then rubbed his cheek, trying to calm him down. "Hey, talk to me baby....don't get tense like that. Tell me what's wrong so we can talk about it?" I moved to kiss his neck softly and then whispered in his ear. "Did I say something wrong?" Matt turned to look at me and shook his head. "I am just worried. Worried about you."

I looked into his eyes, getting worried. "Are there any specific things that you are worried about?"