Evacuation Precautions

Matt's POV

After getting the text from Severide, me and Gabby rushed to put something warm on since it was starting to get cooler now that it was September 1st. We then put Matteo in a coat we got for him and then we grabbed the stroller. Putting him in, I turned to look at Gabby who rushed to grab the baby bag. "I am pretty sure this is just a precaution."

She nodded. "Precaution or not, I don't care. If we can't get in for a little while....I am not going to let him sit in a dirty diaper or have him go hungry." I nodded before grabbing checking I had my wallet and keys. We then made our way out of our apartment...locking up before making our way to the elevator together. While on the way outside, we looked out the window.

You could see the flames getting quite close to our building now that the fire has spread thanks to the wind. We looked at each other again and then went out quickly using the elevator. "The weird part is that, firefighters say don't use the elevator in a fire situation. Yet, what are we doing?" We both laugh at each other. I then kiss her forehead as I wrap my arm around her.

Holding each other close, we watch as the elevator comes down. We then see Firehouse 51 getting a water connection from our building in the lobby. We see Hermann and everybody get in here more. "Please don't tell me that our building is on fire now." They all turned to look at me and then sighed. Severide spoke to us first. "The fire was at the top floor of the other building. Jumped to yours. We're going up." I turned to look at Gabby as we walked outside, I knew that I couldn't just stand by when we were here.