Chapter 129

Matt's POV

After spending the past hour and a half getting everything we need at the store, I was now back at Antonio's. I grabbed a few bags when I saw the front door open. Antonio made his way out and smiled at me. "Need some help?" He asked, already knowing I would gladly say yes. "I will never say no to getting a hand in bringing a lot of stuff in."

Antonio then glared at me, not happy with my answer. I knew why. "Oh c'mon, you know what I mean. Of course I would never let Gabby do this right now. She is still on bedrest and I would always make her take care of Matteo instead. C'mon Antonio, you at least have to know that about me." He nodded. "Sorry, protective big brother."

I then mumbled under my breath. "More like overprotective." Antonio then looked at me. "Something you want to share with me brother?" I chuckled. "Oh c'mon, just admit it. You are an overprotective big brother! Don't deny it, because it's true! Just like you are going to be an overbearing father when Eva starts dating."

Antonio then looked at me. "Don't get me started. She's already getting to the age where she is developing an interest in boys. I haven't heard about her first crush yet so, that's the only thing I have to hold onto. Trust me, once my daughter starts dating....my attention will turn to protecting her before Gabby." We both the grabbed all the bags and started walking in.

"Antonio, you do know that I will always protect Gabby right? I promised you that and I will always promise you that. So please, for your own health and well-being, trust me when I say that I've got her back. Me and Gabby are in this together. You saw me back at the fire. You saw how I put my life on the line to try and save our home. I would do that everyday."

Antonio nodded as we walked into the house so we could bring stuff into the kitchen. He then turned to look at me. "Any of this stuff go into the kitchen or is this all going downstairs?" I nodded before taking off my shoes and starting to make my way downstairs. "It's all heading downstairs. Can you take them down with me?" Antonio nodded before following me downstairs to the basement with the rest of our stuff.