Family Time Part 1

Matt's POV
After making my way back to the room, I saw Gabby kissing Matteo's forehead as she teared up a bit. I then made my way to her bedside and rubbed her shoulder, trying to make her feel better. I knew that she was still hormonal after giving birth but...I couldn't help but wonder if she was also now scared of her father.

I then saw her turn her head and look up at me. "Want me to put him in the crib over there and he can take a nap there instead of in your arms? Then you can lay down in my arms?" She smiled when I said that. "I need that right now. Just some time with you." I smiled while looking at Matteo. "Here, I got him." I went to grab him and smiled as I carried him to the crib.

Once I laid him down in the crib, I turned to look at Gabby and then took off my jacket. Setting it down on the end of the bed, I smiled while going to sit down next to her in bed. Opening the covers, I slipped in easily before wrapping my arm around her. "How are you doing?" She sighed while looking at me. "In complete honesty, I am really shook up."

I sighed when I heard that, feeling bad for her as I moved her closer to me. I then kissed her forehead softly before whispering to her. "Listen, you are obviously not in a place right now where we can talk about a wedding or anything. I know that's what you've been thinking about recently. I think right now, we just need you to rest."

Gabby nodded before wrapping her arms around me. I started to rub her arm when she whispered to me. "Or we just do the courthouse wedding again. I am scared of what my dad will do to you. What if he tries to stop you from marrying me or anything? I know that sounds crazy but for some reason....marrying you in the court might just make it easier again."

I sighed before kissing her shoulder when I heard her brother walk in. "Gabby, if that's really what you want then I would totally understand and be willing to support your decision of just having a courthouse wedding again. I know I was the one that pushed for the big wedding but, I think we all know now that is not going to be what you want."

Gabby then rolled over in my arms and looked at her brother. "Here, come sit next to me in the chair. We can talk about this right now. I need something to change my mind anyways." Gabby moved to sit up next to me before leaning back against a pillow and grabbing my leg. I moved my hand to hers and wrapped my arm around her as we prepared to talk about our wedding.