Chapter 62

Jay's POV

After getting preliminary information from Gabby, I made a call to Voigt at the district and was about to try and go back in when I saw Matt and Antonio walk over to me. Antonio was just confused as to why he was coming out by the look on his face. Matt meanwhile, he didn't look too pleased by the way he was walking over to me.

"You mean to tell me that....as a detective...they don't train you how to interrogate new moms about crimes when they are vulnerable?" Yep, Matt was pissed at me. I knew that the moment he said that to me. "Matt, I am just trying to...." He interrupted me. "I don't want you calling Gabby anymore about this event, you already caused her pain. She is scared to death and didn't want to report her father in the first place. It was my idea."

I looked at him and then nodded. "Who do I contact then if required?" I turned to look at Antonio. "Can you deal with him Antonio? You were a witness to the entire situation and you aren't emotionally invested or biased. Plus, you are a cop who knows what info you need to give." Antonio nodded at Matt before rubbing his shoulder. "God, I am so glad you are going to be my brother-in-law again. Sorry for the shit I said a few days ago."

Matt nodded before walking away to go back to Gabby. That's when I looked at Antonio. "So, I guess I am going to be getting all my information about the situation from you?" He sighed and then nodded. "Just get me a new report sheet. I will fill it out myself. Make sure everything is written correctly. Then, you can sign it. After that, can you just go? Oh and please don't let Voigt onto this case. Matt and him don't have the best relationship."

I nodded, looking at my brother-in-arms. "Promise me you won't have a conflict. He's your dad and she's your sister. You need to give me the facts and not the bull. Can you promise me that Antonio? No one sided answers from your sister." He looked at me and nodded. "Promise man." I agreed to his terms and then went to shake his hand. "I have to go to the car for a minute to grab one of those sheets. I'll be back and we can work this out." I walked out of the hospital before making my way to my car so that I could help them all out.