Chapter 70

Gabby's POV

While talking to Stella, I started to hear Matt cry. Turning my head to look at him...I watched as Chief let him cry into his shoulder. That's when I reached out to him. "Hey Chief, how about you let me take over? My job is to comfort him anyways." Matt turned to look at me and then nodded, wiping his eyes. "Sorry, I'm...." I stopped him from taking. "Get here and relax."

He nodded and just walked over to me, joining me on the bed like I wanted. He then moved to kiss my forehead and sighed while I laid my head down on his shoulder, nuzzling my head into the curve of his neck. That's when Boden walked up to us. "You guys are great together and I just wish you didn't have to go through all of this. This should be one of the happiest times"

I nodded when he said that before grabbing Matt's hand. "Hopefully, us getting married can change that. I heard what Matt said and I honestly agree. Once I am done bedrest, we might get married again and then just take a quick honeymoon in Milwaukee or something. Get out of Chicago and go to a cabin where we can concentrate on each other."

Matt smiled when I said that. "That actually sounds like a great idea. I was thinking more Florida or something but...that sounds better. Just me, my girl and our boy." I smiled while rubbing his hand when Stella looked at me. "Gabby, I forgot to ask. Let me see that rock girl!" I chuckled and nodded. "It's the same one that Matt proposed to me with when we first got engaged."

Stella was about to speak when I heard Severide walk up to the door. "Which time?" Matt looked up at him and then realized that we have been here for a while. "Oh god, I should've gone to get you. I didn't know Boden was going to stay this long." Boden nodded and then shook my hand. "It's okay Matt, you guys relax. I will leave." I smiled at him when Matt spoke. "Chief, we aren't going to be bringing anybody else in today. Just you, Stella and Severide. Do you mind letting everybody know? I know we said other people might come in but Gabby is tired."

He nodded and smiled at us. "Of course, feel better Gabby and take your time coming back. I mean that for the both of you. Gabby, I am going to try and find you a job....I promise." I smiled when he said that. "Thanks Chief." He walked away before smiling. I then turned my head to Stella again when she started tugging on my finger. "Ow! Girl, stop tugging on the ring."