Chapter 71

Matt's POV

I moved my hand to Gabby's when Stella started tugging on her ring. I heard her complain and then just rubbed my hand. Stella smiled at us. "Sorry Gabby. So listen, I know I should be here to see you but....can I meet the little guy?" Gabby looked at me and nodded. "He's over in the crib. Just let him be. He's fast asleep and quiet. I have a headache. He cries, you leave."

Stella and Severide both made their way to the crib. While they went to see Matteo, I turned to look at Gabby and smiled while kissing her head. "You really want to have a courthouse wedding as soon as you are cleared from bedrest?" Gabby nodded at me before laying her head down on my chest more, putting her hand on it too. I then rubbed her arm and smiled.

After getting comfortable with Gabby again, I decided to get changed. "Hey Gabby, I might go get changed if we are going to sit like this okay? I brought some jogging pants and a sweater to wear. Mind if I walk into the washroom and do that?" Gabby looked up at me and nodded. "Sure, take your time. Gives me time to ask both Stella and Severide something." I nodded before letting Gabby go and made my way to the washroom.

Gabby's POV

Once Matt grabbed his bag and went to the washroom, I looked at Stella and Severide. "Guys, can I ask you guys something?" They turned to look at me and nodded. Stella got close to me and then sat on the side of my bed. "Sure, what's up?" I smiled at her and grabbed her hand. "I wanted to ask if you and Severide would stand with us as we got married? I know we didn't have the best man and maid of honour at our first wedding but, I know you are those to us.

Severide smiled at us. "Definitely. Matt already told me that I was going to be his best man anyways." That's when I heard Matt come back out of the washroom, already changed. "Yes, I technically have never rescinded the longstanding offer. God, that offer was made over 5 years ago if I recall." Severide chuckled when he said that.

I was confused before looking at Matt. "5 years ago?" Matt smiled. "When I was first engaged. Technically, there was never a wedding so the offer stood. Now, since we are getting re-married the offer still stands." Severide smiled and went to shake his hand. "We going to give you a bachelor party this time?"

Matt chuckled at him. "Unless you call helping Gabby at home, drinking water and being quiet as not to wake up a baby a bachelor party....the answer would be no." I looked up at him and then smiled. "Matt, you can go out to Molly's one night and have a bachelor party. Anyways, I still technically need to have a baby shower and I can have that as my bachelorette party."

Stella smiled at that. "Strippers" I then stared at her. "Baby and no alcohol! Sorry, if I am sober...so you are you. Oh, by the way guys...no alcohol at the reception." Everybody nodded and then smiled. "Whatever it takes to get you guys back on track, we're all for it." I smiled when they said that, glad we have such great friends who are going to support us when we get married.