Chapter 125

Gabby's POV

After making our way to Antonio's place, we made our way in and found a guest bedroom in the basement. We decided to take that one because it would allow us to have a quiet space. Unfortunately, we didn't yet have a crib for Matteo so, I just grabbed a pillow and put him on it on the guest bed. He was fast asleep so, I decided to leave him be and just go sit down in the basement living room where Matt was.

When I came out of the bedroom, I saw Matt looking in the bags we had. He found some comfortable clothes for the both of us and placed it on the couch. "Those your sweats that I can wear because I would like to get changed?" He turned to look at me and nodded. We haven't really spoken since we left the apartment complex because we are in shock. How did we go from having it all to pretty much being homeless.

I walked over to Matt before moving to hug him. "Matt, I haven't heard you speak since we left the complex. Talk to me baby." He sighed before trying to talk but instead, he just broke down in my arms. I moved to sit down on the couch so I wouldn't fall over when he leaned on me. He then sat down next to me and just held me close as he cried.

"I feel like such a failure, I didn't save anything from the fire and I let our place burn down. I am a fricken' firefighter but....I couldn't even save our home from being torched. What kind of firefighter let's that happen to his own home?" I looked up at him and sighed while kissing his cheek. "Matt, you did everything you could. I am so proud of you. Believe me."

Matt then started to calm down as he grabbed my hand. He then looked into my eyes before moving his hand to my leg and rubbing it. "I am just glad you and Matteo are safe. I don't know what I would've done had I lost you both permanently." I nodded before going to put my hand on his face. I started to kiss him softly as we calmed down before being disturbed my Antonio.

"Matt? Gabby?"