Broken Heart || l.h.

"Luke please, she won't talk to me. She wants her dad." Y/N held tightly onto my hand as we stood outside Lily's room.

"I'm not good with this boy stuff though," I pouted, running my hands through my hair as we frustratedly argued.

I frowned when I heard a small sob coming from inside her room. I glanced over at Y/N who tilted her towards the door.

"She needs you." I nodded before pushing open the door, the sight of my eighteen year old daughter curled into a ball crying was not a sight I ever wanted to see.

I walked over to her bed, sitting down beside her. "Mum go away," She choked on her words. "When's dad home?" She sobbed, lifting her head allowing me to see her bloodshot, puffy eyes still streaming with tears. "Dad." She frowned as I opened up arms, allowing her to crawl onto my lap as I held her close.

"Baby, whats wrong?" I swallowed the lump in my throat as I shuffled, laying back against the headboard of her bed.

"He cheated on me," She balled her fist into my shirt - just as she used to do when she was a baby - and rested her head on my chest. "He- he hooked up with that bitch in my science class." She sobbed even louder as I laid my head on hers, kissing her forehead briefly.

I had the worst thoughts in my head to what I was going to do to that boy, but for now I simply held her tighter than before, making sure she knew I was here.

"What an asshole," I murmured as she released a small laugh. She lifted her head from my chest and wiped her eyes. "Lets go egg his house, trash his car, I don't know. Break his xbox." I suggested but she only laughed and shook her head.

"I don't have to hurt him back, that would mean I'd stooped to his level." She sniffled as she wiped the makeup from under her eyes. Even with her makeup running down her face, her eyes red and puffy, and her hair a tangled mess, she was still beautiful. The perfect mix between Y/N and I. Her beautifully blue eyes still prominent through the redness, her blonde-brown hair still as long and flawless as always, even her little pointed nose looked perfect as she blew it. She was exactly as Y/N looked when we first met, but with hints of me.

"When did you become so smart and grown up." I sighed, watching her smile just a little as she shrugged.

"When did you become such a loser, old man." She joked, laughing lightly. Her eyes crinkled at the sides, making her look exactly like her mother.

"I'm barely 38!" I fought back, nudging her slightly. "You're the one getting old, you're almost 19!" She smiled and shook her head in amusement. "You know, I was 19 when Y/N had you." I smiled at the memory.

"Gross, I don't want a kid till I'm like 25." She scrunched up her nose at the thought of having a baby so young.

"Thats my girl," I laughed as she smiled. "Look sweetheart, he isn't worth all this fuss. He's a dick-"

"Stop swearing!" Lily and I laughed at Y/N's voice yelling through the door.

"Stop eavesdropping!" I yelled back as I heard her sigh and walk away. "As I was saying, he's not worth it. You're going to find someone some day and they're going to treat you right, they're going to love you unconditionally, they're going to be there for you. You just have to get through the awful heartaches that are yet to come before you can get to the one." She nodded, releasing a small sigh. "Don't let him bring you down. Come watch movies with your loser parents and we'll eat ice cream to your hearts content." I smiled as she nodded again and smiled.

"That sounds nice." She sat up, wiping under her eyes once more.

"Hey, Lil?" I stopped her before she made her way out of her room to clean herself up. She turned around, glancing at me. "What happened to Parker, Calum's kid?" I questioned.

"What about him?"

"Well you guys have been best friends since you could walk, he's good for you." I sighed at the thought of my baby getting hurt again, but continued anyway.

She smiled sheepishly and nodded. "I know," Her smile grew as she bit down on her bottom lip. "He punched Sam when I told him about what he did." She looked down at her hands. "He got suspended for a couple days, so I haven't really seen him since earlier." She shrugged with a small sigh.

I raised an eyebrow. It wasn't unusual for Parker to get suspended, he wasn't new to getting into fights or anything, he didn't have the best reputation at all honestly. But he treated my daughter the way she deserves and he's never shown an ounce of disrespect to me or Y/N. Calum raised him well.

"You should call him," I suggested. "Rain check on the movie date with your parents and go see him." It was more of a demand when I walked over to her.

She sniffled and shuffled her feet as she looked down at her hands. "You think so?"

"Definitely." I confirmed as she nodded before standing on her tiptoes and kissing my cheek.

"Thanks dad," She whispered as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I loosely wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I love you."

"I love you too baby girl. Now go find Park."

She nodded with a smile before pulling away. "You're the best!" She called out as she ran down the hallway, grabbing the car keys and exiting the house.

"Good job, honey." Y/N smiled as I joined her in the kitchen.

"I just hope Park doesn't pull an ass move like this Sam guy." I clenched my jaw as Y/N stopped her cooking and made her way over to me. She stood on her tiptoes and cupped my face in her hands, making my eyes meet with hers.

"You know he wont, stop worrying." She smiled, tilting her head up and kissing me.

I hummed into the kiss, mumbling. "I love you.

"I love you too, Luke." She mumbled back.

*~*~*

how cute, a lil Hemmings family gathering

i didn't read this over, leave me alone

58k wow, ty