First || a.i.

You sat alone in Starbucks at your usual table in the corner on the small room whilst you turned the next page of your book. You were really into it.

You pushed your glasses up that had slipped down slightly from the crook of your nose, and tucked a stray piece of hair, that had fallen, behind your ear. You took a sip of your hot chocolate before placing it back on the table and reading on.

You were reading Eleanor and Park for the 2nd time now, and you were loving it just as much as the first time. You just loved the whole idea of a young, secretive love, between the two characters. How Eleanor and Park are such polar opposites but end up falling into this almost forbidden love. And as much as you want to hate the ending, you can't help but love it. The whole idea of what life is really like, that young love isn't going to last forever, but theres always that slither of hope. But oh, how you wished you knew those 3 little words. You had your theories of course, the obvious 'I love you' or perhaps a simple 'See you soon' maybe even a 'Come get me'. You weren't certain and you wished you knew what Eleanor had sent to Park but thats the whole point right?

You got so caught up in one of your favourite moments in the book - the first time Park and Eleanor hold hands - that you didn't notice someone occupy the empty seat that was sat opposite you. You lifted your eyes from your book as you began to notice the boy sitting across from you.

"I uh, can I help you?" You asked as he smiled, showing his clearly indented dimples. You couldn't deny that he was really cute. You loved the way his light brown mop of hair fell messily across his face, and how his piercing hazel eyes shone threw his thick black glasses. He was captivating.

"I couldn't help but notice that a beautiful girl, like yourself, was sat all alone reading one of my favourite books." He replied with a small smile but you didn't quite believe him.

"Prove to me this isn't a stupid pick up line, and tell me your favourite quote from the book." You said wearily.

He smiled and leaned forwards, resting his arms on the coffee table that sat between the two of you.

"Sure, okay." He smile sheepishly before he spoke. "I just can't believe that life would give us to each other, and then take it back.'" You broke out into a huge smile as it was one of your favourite scenes.

"I can," You continued for him. "Life's a bastard." You watched his eyes crinkle at the sides slightly as he smiled so brightly.

"I'm Y/N."

"Ashton."

*~*~*

ashton such a cutie someone gouge my eyes out