Your Parents Don't Like Him || c.h.

"Cal, come on they don't hate you." You pleaded, squeezing his hand lightly to reassure him.

"Yes they do, Y/N." He sighed. "I don't want to go, they don't want me there." He pouted, looking down at your intertwined hands and playing with your fingers.

"Please," You whined, pouting playfully but Calum only shook his head. "Baby please," You untangled your fingers from his and used your hands to lift his gaze to your eyes.

"Y/N-" You rolled yourself over, now straddling Calum's waist as you cupped his chubby cheeks.

"For me? Please." You leaned close, grazing your lips over his. You smirked lightly as his breath hitched in this throat.

"Fine." He exhaled heavily, tilting his head up and kissing your lips quickly.

~ ~ ~

"Y/N." Your dad smiled brightly at you as he pulled open the door, revealing both you and Calum. "Oh and you brought Calum," He glanced over at Calum before turning his back and walking inside, allowing the two of you to follow.

You both walked inside your childhood house, following your dad into the living room in which your whole family was situated.

You heard a chorus of hello's as you walked in before you began walking round the room greeting everyone and introducing them to your boyfriend.

"He's quite handsome isn't he?" Your grandma complimented, holding onto Calum's hand.

"He is," You smiled up at Calum who was blushing very slightly.

He quickly kissed your Grandmas hand before you moved on to the next relative.

Once you had greeted everyone, you let Calum take a seat on the couch before you sat on his lap, resting your head on his shoulder. Calum wrapped his arm round your waist, holding you upright as you kissed his shoulder lightly.

You smiled as you watched Calum interact with your Aunt and Uncle, your heartbeat increasing every time he let out a small laugh.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Calum whispered, glancing down at you. You nodded slightly and ushered for him to continue conversing with your family.

"I'm just getting a drink. Do you want anything?" You asked but Calum only shook his head. You shrugged and stood from his lap and walking to the kitchen.

You couldn't keep the smile off your face knowing your boyfriend had been approved by your family. Everyone but your parents of course. They held some sort of unknown grudge against Calum, and you really wish you knew what it was because you were too in love with Calum to leave him due to how your parents felt.

"Y/N," You heard your mum's voice echo from behind you as you took a glass from the cupboard. You turned, leaning against the counter as you looked over at your mum and dad now standing in the kitchen.

"Hello," You said cheerfully as you walked to the sink, turning on the tap and filling your glass with water.

"We need to talk to you about Calum." Your dad sighed. "We just don't understand how you can want to be with someone like him."

"He doesn't have a stable career, he'll never be around, he'll only wound up hurting you, and how do you know he's not only using you-" You mum began speaking was quickly cut off.

"Excuse you?" Calum walked into the kitchen, his eyebrows furrowed together as he walked past your parents and over to you. "I don't know who you think I am, Mr and Mrs Y/L/N, but I actually love your daughter a lot. And yeah maybe my career is a little hit and miss and maybe I won't be around as much as I'd like to be, but that would never affect mine and Y/N's relationship." Calum wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you to his side. "And as for hurting her? I wouldn't even dream of it. Neither would I use her. Y/N means everything to me and I really wish you would open your eyes and see that."

"Calum, I really just don't think its the best idea for someone so famous to be dating my daughter." Your dad spoke up.

"Oh, that is bullshit." You finally spoke up, scoffing lightly, causing both your parents and Calum's eyes to widen as you were normally one to stay out of arguments. "I love Calum okay? I don't care how famous he is, or how he'll be gone for months at a time. Mum, Dad please. You want me to be happy, I get that. But I'm happy with Calum, whether he's on tour or not. I want to be with only him. The rest of the family adore him, can you guys not do the same? It sucks knowing you don't 'approve' of my boyfriend just because of his profession instead of basing it on his actions and personality." You took a deep breath, smiling as you finally managed to get all your thoughts out.

Your parents both stayed silent for a moment, Calum squeezed your hip lightly and kissed your forehead softly. "Well done, baby." He whispered, knowing how bad you were at speaking out.

"Okay." Your mum smiled slightly. "Personality and actions wise, of course I approve of Calum." She smiled a little bigger as your eyes widened.

"Yeah," Your dad huffed. "I guess you seem okay." He smiled weakly. "But I swear to god, I will hunt you down if I ever hear my baby girl crying over you again." He patted Calum on the shoulder before taking your mums hand and leaving the two of you alone.

"What did your dad mean again?" Calum's eyebrows furrowed as the smile slowly dropped from your face. "Did I do something wrong?" He questioned.

"Oh no, not at all." You spike quickly. "The distance was just a little too much when you were away on the Where We Are tour.." You shrugged.

"Baby, you could've called me." Calum pouted slightly.

"I figured you'd be out with the boys so I didn't want to bother you," You sighed. "But its okay, I'm okay now you're here." You smiled as Calum wrapped both arms around your waist, holding you closer than before.

"I'm sorry, I love you." He sighed with a small smile.

"I love you, Cal."

*~*~*

(hm idk about this but Calum's such a cutie I want to squeeze his chubby cheeks and hold him tight bc he's such an adorable little 6ft something puppy and this makes no sense I'm just ranting about Calum ok bye)