𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟸𝟿 - !!!

𝙰𝚌𝚎 𝙿𝚘𝚟

I wake up to Ayah shuffling next to me, I slowly open my eyes and see her sitting up in bed. "Ayah what's wrong" I say.

She sits with her hands on the bed sheets and looks at her side of the bed. "I want mama." Then three words break my heart and i can feel the frown twist across my face.

"I know you do. I do too." I say pulling her closer to me. I sit up and lift her onto my lap. The tears pool into her eyes and I take her face in between my hands, I kiss her head and she begins to cry.

"If you go to sleep now, when you wake up we can go see her." I say and she sniff looking at me.

"Promise." She says through her sobs.

"I promise." I say and lay back down, she stays on my chest and places her hand in my chest as well.

"Daddy." She says in her cute voice.

"Yeah." I reply looking down at her. Her hands have found the tattoo of her name in my chest. "Do you know what that says." I ask and she shakes her head.

"Ayah." I reply and she looks up at me.

"Yeh." She says making me laugh.

"No baby that's what it says." I say and she sits up on my chest. She rubs her hand across my tattoos and i smile at her. "Did you know your mama used to do that."

"Go to sleep baby."'I say and she rests her head in my neck.

...

I lift Ayah out the car, she fell asleep in the way to the hospital so I carefully lift her out the car seat. She shuffles her head into my neck but doesn't wake up.

I close the door and lock the car behind me, we make our way into the hospital and she stays asleep the majority of the way. She wakes up in the lift after a nurse says she's cute. "Hi." She shouts at the women and i laugh. She has Eiffel a personality, she is kind to everyone even those she doesn't know.

We walk into the room and she smiles when she sees Eiffel. I know she wants her to say something back to her but I think just being around her mom makes her happy.

I sit with Ayah on my knee as we sit at Eiffels side, she has been in a coma for the last two weeks and Ayah has been a fucking nightmare. Every night she cries for her Mammy to put her to bed and every time it breaks my heart a little more.

I have cried a few times these last few days, I have never cried before in my entire life and my daughter will never see it. I know she's scared, she frowns every time she looks at Eiffel in the hospital bed. She doesn't understand why she isn't waking up.

I place Ayah in the bed and she crawls towards her. She rubs her tiny hands through Eiffels hair and begins to cry. "Daddy does she hate me." Ayah whines as the tears begins to flow down her cheeks. I feel like I have let them both down, when I married Eiffel i promised her I would keep her safe and since then she has been in and out of this place.

"No baby of course not. I told you, she was in a lot of pain with the babie so they put her in a magical sleep. So when she wakes up your going to have a beautiful baby sister and brother and mama will be all better." I say and she raises her arms into the air and I lift her off the bed.

The babies are safe as long as she gets the right amount of nutrients which is what all the wires are for. I just pray she wakes up before they are due. The doctors say she may never wake up but I don't believe that. This isn't the end of our story, she hasn't even got to meet the twins yet.

My phone begins to ring, I place Ayah in the couch and hand her the teddy bear from her backpack. "Baby play with binky while I talk to your uncle Leo." I say and she nods.

I step out the room and answer the call, "ace where are you." Leo says and I sigh.

"Where do you think I am." I reply and he huffs.

"We need you here. In Italy " He says and my blood begins to boil. "We love her too you know, she wouldn't want you to do this she would want you to carry on working. She wouldn't want you to worry." He says and it pushes me over the edge.

"Do not tell me what she would want. Because I know this isn't it, she wanted a normal life with kids that I couldn't give her. She wanted to have a suburban house in Washington where her kids can ride there bikes to school and not get worried about being fucking shot. I can't be there because I have to be here with my daughter, she needs her mam and I'm all she's got" I shout and the end of the phone is dead silent.

"Ace since when did you care about having a domestic life." He says and i snap.

"Since my fucking wife took a bullet Meant for me " I shout and end the phone call. I walk back into the room and Ayah is stood on the couch with her mouth open.

"What's wrong baby." I say and she points to Eiffel. "What. what happened." I ask and she shrugs her shoulders. She gasps and points to her again, I turn and watch as Eiffels hand moves.