Chapter 37

"How the hell do you camp" he said groaning and looking at me worriedly while we walk around Walmart.

"Well it's at the beach and probably should warn you not to sit on the toilet without disinfecting, and we need to pick up toilet paper because the bathrooms there never have any, also we're kind of showering outside still dressed" I shrug

Aunty Tiffany always took us camping, she just hated the shopping part so I usually did the shopping ever since I got my license.

I roll my eyes when Koa and Jarred came around the corner fighting with pool noodles.

I didn't know they were in the car until we were too far out and I wasn't about to go back through traffic to take them home.

"It'll be fine babe, if at any time you change your mind you can go"

"No, liked I'd leave while Johnny was there"

"Don't worry about him, I can handle him"

"I still don't trust him" he grumbled

After a difficult hour of getting all the foods and other necessities we were finally on our way to the beach. I had to stop at home to switch out cars because I didn't trust leaving a Tesla at Kea'au Beach park with all the homeless or just stupid people that walk by. No one would try to strip one of my dads cars so that was a better option.

Moving everything into the other car and making our way down everyone was putting up their tents, others sitting under a regular twenty by twenty standard tent, nothing fancy just something to put all the food and hang out together under, my dad bought the grill and propane portable stove.

I smile and skip towards everyone with a few bags.

"Waves are pounding Sid" Lex told me as he jogged towards us with his body board, giving me a side hug soaking my shirt but I didn't care.

"Where's my dad?" I ask

"Fishing"

I nod when Johnny answered me, walking past him and putting everything on the table while rolling my eyes, Johnny was Nai's best friend and Nai was Aunty Tiffany's son so there was nothing I could say about him being here.

"Your mom put your tent up and blew up the air mattress for you" Kayla said walking past and grabbing the hot Cheetos.

I loved camping, truly, but I refuse to sleep on the hard ground without something.

"Yeah saved your boyfriend the embarrassment of trying to put it up" Johnny mumbled in a chair, a few other cousins who didn't have tents on their army carts under the standard tent

"Could you shut up Johnny and not be an asshole" I spoke annoyed

"It's the truth is it not"

"Yeah your right, I don't know how to put a tent up" Riccardo responded matter of factly "But I'm not here to learn how to put up tents, I'm here because my girlfriend wants to spend time with her family and I'm not going to say no to her if that's what she wants, and I definitely don't mind being in a small tent with her" he smirked, winking at him and running his fingers across my hips.

Kayla and Paris snort-laugh at the salty face Johnny had at Riccardo's emphasis on the word my and those last few words spoken

"Ah Riccardo" my dad walked over smiling "You know how to fish son?"

"No I do not sir"

"Please I told you to call me Brandon, come join us and let me show you the art of fishing" my dad spoke pulling him away