Chapter 49

Riccardo POV:

She was gone, Adrian stopped me from going in there and she was nowhere to be seen, walking around the burnt wood I panic. The fire was now put out and I throw wood around as I try to find her body somewhere, nothing but ashes and the remaining of furniture lay around.

Firefighters helping in my search was declaring her dead but if a little of the furniture could make it then maybe she could have too.

I couldn't believe it, I just can't believe that my girl is dead. Not this way, burning all alone she had to endure that pain of feeling her flesh melt and her body torched by the heat, all I could think is what her screams could have sounded like, the echos of her voice pleading for relief.

My love dead and my daughter gone in the same day.

Standing in the middle of the room with my heart pounding in my chest, I couldn't give up, maybe she wasn't dead, maybe she was just unconscious in the ruble. I couldn't let go of that theory.

My eyes watched the firefighters move wood around as I stand still, my eyes wandering at one specific and particular guuy around the edge, a long board pulled up and her lifeless body underneath. My beautiful Sidney bruised, burnt, bloated, and stiff. All the loving things about her drained from her eyes, I saw not an ounce of life in them, this big beautiful brown eyes that I loved were charcoal black.

There was nothing, and now she was really dead.

Her chest didn't move and I couldn't hear her breathing, her once beautiful eyes bore into me and reminded me that I would no longer see the joy in them.

I could feel my body breaking down, the floor cleared of people and it was just me and what was physically left of her, the wood cracked under my weight and as I dropped to the floor, fighting the urge to reach forwards and hold her. The sight felt disturbing, any other person I could have seen like this wouldn't have bothered me but this broke through the hard exterior of my inner walls, pain flooding over them and taking the wall with it as I see nothing but a broken promise to protect her.

•••

I jumped up from my sleep and my eyes moved to look for any signs of it all being a lie, Sidney's body laying there on the white hospitals bed. Her heartbeat steady and her chest moving.

All of this calmed my fear of that nightmare being true and I looked back down to my lap where lay the laptop and a new phone, I was exhausted but ever time I slept that nightmare became true to my heart and I woke the same, my daughter was still out there and I shouldn't be wasting my time sleeping, I wait on the news of Mia and Marcus's whereabouts, I wasn't losing my daughter because of them.

And they were both going to pay for what they did to my Sidney, burns ran along her arm and luckily I got that helicopter up there fast and had them pulled her out before the roof caved in on her, the other burns would heal but part of her arm will still hold those scars.
Those reminders that she almost died for a second time, a second time at the hands of Marcus and he is going to die, I let him off the first time because Mia loved him and no matter what Mia was Arabella's mother, but this time I don't care, if she gets in my way she'll die with him.

Arabella was gone for three days, Sidney had woken last night but I was out at the time. I was just waiting for her to wake up, her smile was a much needed thing right now.

Kenzie walked in with Jonah, they had both just like me not spent a night away, they did their daytime things but they would come back and sleep here.

Like a fairytale her fingers slowly began to move, her eyes opened but shut. I smile and stand up to stand next to her, kissing her head and running my hand through her hair, Kenzie and Jonah were unbothered as they sat next to her bed and looked down at their phones.