Chapter twenty nine - Please forgive me

Alex

The last two weeks had passed in a blur, and for once not in a bad way. Things with me and Chase were finally back on track. I expected him to run for the hills again after our little tryst at the creek, especially when he saw that bruise on my back...but I'd used my charms to make him come around. Since then we had been taking things a bit slower, there had been no more sex anyway which was the only downside to things but we'd decided it was probably the sensible thing to do for a little while. We had gone from zero to a hundred miles an hour since we first got together and we both needed time to cool off and calm our emotions. Besides, there were other ways to connect other than with sex and we'd definitely been making sure to enjoy ourselves or each other in any other possible way. I blushed to myself as I thought about how we'd spent our time.
"Hey Alex, we still on for tonight?"
I was jolted from my thoughts by Natalie, I hadn't noticed she'd come up beside me, an expectant smile on her face.
"Uh yeah of course, we both are" I beamed back at her letting my gaze drift behind her to see Chase walking up the hall. She shot a glance over her shoulder to see what had caught my attention and rolled her eyes.
"Ergh...you guys are like love sick puppies" she playfully teased as I let out a laugh in response. Chase caught up to us and draped an arm over my shoulder.
"Hey babe" he offered me a quick peck on the lips before glancing over at Natalie. "Hey Nat, how's it going?"
She looked between us shaking her head. "Seriously, I need to get a boyfriend. I'm beginning to feel like a third wheel in this relationship" she joked. I immediately ducked out of Chases arm and draped my own arm over Natalie's shoulder instead.
"Whatever Nat, if anyone's the third wheel here it's Chase. Chicks before dicks remember"
Chase laughed behind us and Natalie turned to him playfully sticking out her tongue.

Are you sure about that Lex, I thought you were pretty fond of my dick?

My face turned bright red at his crude comment which just made him laugh more. Natalie looked between us confused.
"I don't even wanna know" she mused.
"I hate to leave you two love birds but I have a social committee meeting to get to. I'll see you at the bowling alley at 7ish maybe 8?"
We watched as she headed down the hall away from us before I turned to Chase to find him staring down at me.
"Bowling alley huh?" He asked with a raised brow. I hadn't technically ran this idea passed him but I knew he wouldn't turn down the opportunity to spend an evening with me. Even if it wasn't his thing, besides half our class we're going to be there for some kind of tournament and I'd promised Natalie we'd make an appearance. She'd been so good to me lately and I didn't want to let her down. I hoped he'd understand.

Oh I understand, but I might need a little persuading.

He winked at me before pulling me into an empty classroom and locking the door.

Our lips crashed together in a frenzy, my hands made their way to his hair and gave a gentle tug just how he liked it.
"You know me so well miss Morgan" his lips curved into a smile as he kissed me.
"I'd like to think so" I smirked back. His hands stroked my back sending tingles down my spine, I felt him tease the hem of my top and felt my body instantly set alight where our skin had briefly made contact. God I wanted him.
He slowed down our make out session and I felt an instant pang of disappointment as he broke our kiss and looked down at me.
"Lex" he spoke my name breathlessly in a pleading tone. I could tell he wanted me but he was holding back. Hadn't we waited long enough? I looked to the floor to try and hide the tears I could feel threatening to fall.
"Hey, don't cry baby" he soothed as he tilted my chin up to face him. "I want you so much, you must know that. I just want to do things right this time. You deserve better than a quick shag in a dusty old classroom"
I don't care where you shag me as long as you do.
The thought was out of my head before I could stop it. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment at my desperate confession. His gaze stayed fixed on me.
"Trust me Lex I'm using every bit of self control I have right now to stop myself from bending you over that desk and fucking you until you can't see straight. I want you so badly baby but I want us to do this right more than anything. We still need time to heal...I..."
"...need time to heal" I finished for him. He shot me a guilty look.
"Don't, don't look at me like that. I hurt you, we hurt each other. I know we can't just forget what happened so you don't need to feel guilty, it's just hard...when I'm with you I feel all these emotions and sometimes I just can't think straight"
He pulled me in close sensing I was becoming slightly worked up.
"I feel it too babe. I can't always control myself around you. But I need to" he planted a kiss on top of my head.
"I know" I replied as I buried my face further into his chest.
"So let's do this properly, after bowling tonight let me take you to dinner"
I pulled back and shot him a grin
"You want to take me on a date?" I questioned with a smirk.
"Yeah I do, hearts and flowers that's what you'll get, and if you're lucky an innocent goodnight kiss at the end of the night." He said with a wink.