Chapter fifteen - Betrayal

Chase

I pulled up outside the large house taking note of the discarded cups on the lawn and the crowds of people. I was definitely at the right place. I hadn't intended to come but after she sent me those texts there was no way in hell I was staying away from her tonight. I entered the crowded house and searched the crowds for her, I spied Natalie and Mike playing beer pong in the dining room, but she wasn't there. Where could she be.

I turned to search the next room when I saw a flash of gold come through one of the patio doors. I walked up behind her and purred in her ear

"Just looking at you in that dress makes me hard"

She shot around to face me her expression a mixture of shock and lust.

Not here, follow me upstairs

I nodded letting her know I'd heard her thoughts and I followed her upstairs being careful to leave a small gap, so it didn't look too obvious that we were together. I followed her into an empty room and shut the door behind us. I immediately crashed down against her lips needing that connection with her, her hands roamed my hair getting lost in the moment of our heated kiss. My hands fell to the hemline of her dress and I reached up higher getting closer to her centre. Next thing I was snapped out of it, realising she'd pulled away.

"Lex are you okay, sorry I- "

It's Natalie

I looked at her confused

"It's Natalie, Chase. I think she's the one who sent the texts, the video" she shook her head as the revelation of her own words hit her. Tears began to fall from her beautiful face. I ran to her, cupping her face in my hands.

"Baby what do you mean"

"She lied to me; she knew about the texts. She told me Josh told her, but he didn't. It's got to be her. How else would she know"?

I nodded along with her as I processed what she was telling me.

"But why, she's your best friend. How do you know josh isn't lying about telling her?"

"I just do, I trust him Chase he wouldn't lie about this"

I pulled her into a hug as she cried into my shirt. This was fucked up on so many levels and I was determined to get to the bottom of this.

"Baby if you're right we need to think about what to do next, we can't just barge downstairs and confront her in front of everyone"

She sniffled into my chest trying to compose herself.

"I know, I just don't know what to do...I feel so betrayed"

"It's understandable baby she's your best friend. How about we get out of here and get you home"

She shook her head releasing herself from my embrace "no I have to stay; she would know something was up if I suddenly disappeared" she shrugged. I knew she was right; Natalie was like a bloodhound when it came to information about her best friend and I knew Alex wouldn't be able to lie to her.

"I just need a few minutes to clean myself up, I must look a mess" she said reaching into her bag and pulling out a lipstick and a tube of concealer and heading over to the mirror.

"You could never look a mess"

She smiled back at me before returning to reapply the makeup that she didn't even need, she always looked sexy as hell to me even without the makeup. Now that dress was another thing. I was snapped out of my daydream by her soft laughter.

Before I had chance to ask what's so funny, she'd made her way over to me, straddled me on the edge of the bed and crashed her lips on mine. God her lips felt so good, I could kiss them all day.