Chapter fifty one - Let's talk this over

Chase

We sat looking out into the water of the creek waiting for Nate to arrive. I wasn't too happy when Alex had suggested meeting him here but I get that she wanted somewhere a bit more private. I just felt a pang of jealousy that she wanted him to come here, to our place.

I stood up checking my watch again, he was late. This guy needed to learn to tell the fucking time. I picked up a handful of stones from the ground and began to throw them out into the water.

"Chase, we don't have to do this. We can leave"
She spoke nervously, clearly not feeling too comfortable about our situation either.

"It's fine Lex, just wish he would bother to show up on time once in a while" I huffed whilst throwing another stone.

The sound of a car pulling up in the distance drew my attention away from the water. I looked over at Alex who had stood up, her arms wrapped around her chest in a nervous defence position as she looked into the distance anxiously.

"It'll be okay Lex" I soothed as I rubbed a hand down her back in offer of support.

"Thank you for agreeing to come. I know I'm asking a lot"

"Anything you need, I'm here" I whispered into her ear as I pulled her close to me. Nate appeared in the clearing up ahead and walked towards us. From the look on his face I'm guessing he thought it was going to be just him and Alex.

"This is nice, like a family reunion" he smiled as he approached. God I wanted to wipe that smug look off his face. I involuntarily pulled Alex in closer to me and watched his eyes follow where my arm was around her. Now it was my turn to look smug.

"Stop it please guys, I didn't want us all here to have a pissing match" Alex snapped as she took a step away from me leaving us stood in a sort of triangle.

"Then why did you ask me here babe, want to fill me in on your little wet dream because I think I already had a front row seat to that party"

"Watch your mouth punk" I spat

"Nate please, this is hard enough without you making it worse" Alex pleaded

"Oh sorry, did your little boyfriend not know?" Nate interrupted smugly

"I swear Nate I will punch your fucking face in"

"You know for someone who apparently gave their permission for me to fuck his girl you're acting pretty jealous" he spat back

"Oh my god Nate just shut your mouth!" Alex boomed "Chase knows about last night, he was the one who convinced me to talk to you about it so stop giving him such a hard fucking time. I want to be very clear, I am not here to hook up with you. I'm here to talk about what happened and I don't want any secrets so I asked Chase to come too. He's my boyfriend, I love him. Just because I can't control my crazy subconscious doesn't mean I'm enjoying this. I don't want to want you okay so get that through your thick head and wipe that smug look off your face because he is the one I want"

I stood looking at her in awe, fuck this is why I loved her. She was so passionate. If we were alone right now I'd show her just how much.

She shot me an embarrassed look and a slight blush covered her face. Guess she heard me. I smiled to myself thinking about what my thoughts could do to her.

"I can't do this with you two having conversations in your heads! You wanted to talk to me so talk to me Alex not him" Nate demanded clearly picking up on our private communication.

I let out a sigh. I knew he deserved to have this explanation from her and having me here was getting us nowhere fast but I really didn't want to leave him alone with her.