XXXXIII: New Day

I wake up, opening my eyes slowly. I fix the blankets and snuggle against my pillow. A chilly, light wind makes me shiver and pull the blankets closer to me. I then hear a faint buzzing noise. 

I sit up and look around, searching for the source of the noise. My eyes then land on a familiar red headed male. The door to the bathroom is open and he's shaving some parts of his head, making his hair shorter for his headband. I widen my eyes as I realize he's only wearing a towel around his waist. 

I blush a bit and look away, going back to snuggling under the covers. I shiver again, feeling a slight wind blow into my face. 

I sigh and roll over, grabbing a pillow to throw over my face. 

"Hey, (Y/N). You good?" Crow asks, his voice muffled from the heavy pillow on my head. 

I shake my head and hold up a thumbs down. 

He chuckles. "Well, we got to get out of here in an hour or so... So- the bathroom is all yours." 

I can literally hear the smile as he speaks, making me roll my eyes before I throw the pillow off and get up. 

It hits Crow in the face, as he's standing right next to my bed. I widen my (Y/E/C) eyes and chuckle. 

"Well, sorry stranger," I say, raising an eyebrow in amusement. 

He chuckles and points to the bathroom, making me get up and shiver. I go to the bathroom, and lock the door. 

It's warm from the steam and the mirror is foggy. I smirk and relax my shoulders. I start to undress and I hop in the shower. 

I clean myself up and let the warm water run over my shoulders and down my back. 

I then notice a scar that Thaniel had given me when he beat me up. I sigh and close my eyes, letting myself remember the pain. My ribs were bruised for two weeks... I had to wear long sleeves because of the damage he had done - bruises that were too dark to cover up with makeup... Cuts on my legs from the broken bottle he smashed against me repeatedly...

I shake myself awake when I hear Crow call my name. "Yo, you good?" He knocks on the door, four times. 

I nod to reassure myself before answering. "Yeah, I'm good. I just- zoned out I guess," I call back, turning the water off. 

"Okay, well we need to go in thirty," he calls back. "So I'll let you get dressed. Oh, by the way, Zander has an area of free clothing for those travelers who forget their things... So, there's a change of clothes for you under the sink on the right." Crow's voice trails off for a second. "So, uh- yeah. I'll leave you alone now." 

I hear his footsteps as I grab a towel and dry myself off. I look under the sink and find a woven bin with clothes in it. I pull the clothes out and look at them. 

I even find clean undergarments, which makes me laugh. Maybe that's why Crow was stuttering. The underclothes are lace and dark brown in color. The clothes... well, not really my style, but if we're not sure where we are going, then I guess it'll help make me blend in. 

Sighing, I get dressed, tying the flannel around my waist

Sighing, I get dressed, tying the flannel around my waist. I put the sunglasses on my head, tying my shoes. [pick which shoes you want to wear: the white ones in the picture, or the black shoes the character was wearing before in the story]

I open the door, drying my hair with the towel. The steam from the shower has died down, and now the mirror is clear. I look at myself and I can see that there are dark circles under my eyes. I sigh, patting my face dry and fixing my hair. I use one of the provided combs for my (Y/H/L) hair. 

After I finish in the bathroom, I step out of the door. I spot Crow sitting on the edge of his bed, gently running his hands through his damp hair before he puts his headband on. He looks up at me, smiling softly. 

"Hey, ready?"  He asks, standing up and fixing his shirt. 

I nod. "As ready as I can be," I shrug, returning the smile. 

We grab the keys to the room and walk out of the room. We're greeted by Zander, who smiles up at us. 

His silver eyes catch the rising sunlight, and shimmer. 

We return the keys, and thank Zander. 

"Not a problem. Thank you, my friends! Safe travels! And you can always return here if you need a place to rest." Zander says, smiling at us. 

We nod and turn to leave. 

"Oh, by the way!" Zander calls after us. "(Y/N), you look very nice in those clothes," he says, blushing a bit and fixing his glasses. 

Crow smirks at me. I open my mouth to respond, but instead I nod. 

"Thank you, Zander. You look very nice today as well,"  I say, nodding to the silvery three piece suit he's in. 

He blushed and rubs the back of his head.  "Why thank you kindly, miss." 

We both stand there awkwardly for a minute until Crow clears his throat and pulls me along. 

We both walk out into the sunlight, breathing in the fresh valley air. 

It's a new day. Here we go.