VIII: Dungeon

[A/N]: Play the song when the singing begins. It gave me the chills writing this (in a good way). 😊 Enjoy! 

****************************************************************

The so-called ghost master pushed me forward, throwing me into a cell they had in a dark and damp room. The musty smell of mold filled my senses, and the roughness of the stoned floor made me shiver. 

My thoughts drifted to Yusei. I missed him so much... But I believed in what I had said. I know he will find a way to save me. All I need is to give him time. I know he's probably angry with me, and maybe even Jack, but each of us gets a choice. I guess that's what I was trying to help Yusei understand. 

I sigh, leaning back against the stone floor covered in straw. Somehow, I felt warm against it. I pressed my legs to my chest, seeking some sort of warmth. I gazed out of the metal bars. There was no one around. So, I started to sing. 

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go, when all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone." But all that's dead and gone and past tonight. 

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound. 

Don't you dare look out your window, darling, everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold on to this lullaby, even when the music's gone...Gone.

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound. 

Oooo, oooo, oooo, oooo. Ooh whoah, ooh whoah, ooh whoah, ooh whoah.  Oooo, oooo, oooo, oooo. Oh whoah, oh whoah. 

Just close your eyes.... You'll be alright... Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound. Oooo, oooo, oooo, oooo [repeat x3]

I let the song fade out, wiping a couple tears from my face.  "Yusei, please..."  I whispered to no one, my heart finally breaking.  "I know you'll find a way." 

I let myself cry, both because I missed Yus and because I felt some regret. I eventually, somehow, let myself drift off to sleep. 

   *time skip*

I woke to the sound of clanking metal.  "Come on! Get up!"  A rough and demanding voice echoed off the stone walls. 

I was pushed to my feet, and pushed even rougher out of the cell. My hands were tied with zip ties, and I saw that Kalin had a roll of duck tape with him. The keys to the cells dangled from his hip. I also noticed there was a single key also placed on his hip.

"Please, sir! I just want some food!"  Another prisoner yelled through the bars. The long haired, brunette male reached an arm out through the bars, grabbing Kalin's leg. 

Kalin spun around, grabbing the man's throat through the bars. While the baby-blue haired male was distracted, I reached for his keys, I managed to get the single key. I smirked and slipped it into my pocket, making sure he couldn't see it. 

"Don't you dare touch me!"  Kalin roared.  "Do you understand?"  He squeezed the man's throat tighter, making the male's face lose its color. 

"Stop! Stop it, you bastard!"  I yelled, as I pushed my shoulder into his back, knocking him off balance. 

"Why you little-"  He charged at me. I side jumped out of his way, causing him to smack his head against the metal bars.  "Shit!"  He cursed under his breath, earning a chuckle from the male behind bars. Kalin ignored him, and shot a glare at me. 

I shrugged.  "Not my problem that your a klutz."  My remark made the brunette laugh even more. 

Kalin turned to his prisoner in a rage.  "Do it again! I dare you!"  He reached through the bars again, but the prisoner just backed away, out of reach. The brunette just laughed, falling to the floor in a heap. 

I smirked and raised an eyebrow.  "Glad I made you laugh,"  I spoke, sending a smile at the male on the stone floor of his cell. 

He nodded.  "You wouldn't believe how long its been since I've had a good laugh,"  He responded, sending a glare to Kalin. 

Kalin scoffed.  "Enough of this. Let's go,"  He grabbed my arm, squeezing until it turned red. 

He pushed me up the stairs and into a room. I guessed it was an office. The warmth of the room made me sigh in content. A fire was blazing in the ornate fire place. Chairs made out of pillows and blankets scattered the room, making the dull aura fade due to the bright colors. I scanned the room, but the ghost master was no where to be seen. 

"It's just you and me, sweetie,"  He smiled at his stupid choice of a nickname. 

I rolled my eyes.  "Shut up." 

"No. You need to let your hope go. Yusei is never going to find you. He's probably off with another girl right now,"  Kalin spoke, venom in his words. 

I felt my heart crack at his words. I blinked back tears and instead answered him with a smartass remark.  "Not like you know him well anyway,"  I shrugged.  "It's been years, Kalin. People change. For better,..."  I stepped towards him.  "Or for worse." 

He smirked as he snaked an arm around my waist. I let him pull me close, glaring into his greyish-blue eyes. His grip on my waist softened, and I took the chance to knee him in the balls. 

"Ow!"  He exclaimed, letting go of me.  "You little-"  He lunged for me, but I simply side step again. 

"You know, you keep saying that, but cut yourself off. Mind telling me what insult you keep wanting to spit out?"  I ask, raising an eyebrow as I step backwards towards the fire. 

"I was going to call you a brat, but I guess that's not fitting enough,"  He shot back, glaring at me. 

I shrugged.  "You should really stay away from me. Otherwise, you'll just get yourself more banged up."  I smirked as he raised his eyebrows. 

"Whatever. Anyway, you should go to bed. It's almost 11,"  He spoke in a soft tone. 

My expression must have given my confusion away, as I earned a chuckle from him. 

"Just because I'm cold hearted doesn't mean I won't let you get sleep,"  He spoke, his voice still soft. 

If I didn't know better, I would've thought he was back to his sane self. I shook it off as I stepped into my makeshift bedroom he led me to. 

The sheets and blankets were a dull sapphire color, reminding me of Yusei. The room was painted white with a gold trim, which also reminded me of my love. I sighed as I took a seat on the bed. My (Y/E/C) eyes drifted down to wrists. 

"Damn it, Kalin,"  I cursed under my breath. My wrists were still tied. I sighed and used my teeth the pull the zip tie tighter. I stood up, bringing my wrists above my head and then back down with all the strength I could muster. After a couple more tries, I finally got the tie to break. The pieces snapped and scattered around the room. I sighed and laid down on the bed. 

"Oh hell,"  I whispered. Even the bedspread smelled like Yusei. Was Kalin trying to torture me? I sighed once again, and stared at the ceiling. Somehow, I ended up drifting off to sleep.