Something's not right

Adam's: POV

Luke came down and he was a bit stressed. "Dad drive you two to school today, I'm late for my job." he said. He gave them quick hug and kissed me. "Don't forget your coffee, darling." I said and handed him his travel mug. "Thanks." replied Luke. "See you later." I said. He kissed me again before he left.

I drove the kids to school and then drove off to my job.

I parked my car and walked in

I parked my car and walked in. I went to my office and sat at the desk.

My colleague came in and she held a folder of files in her arms. "Good morning Adam." said Olivia. "Morning." I replied.

She gave me a photo and I gasped silently. "A man named George was found dead last night." she said. "How did he die?" I asked. "He got his throat cut off and the body was emptied on blood." said Liv. "Same with Alisan Hale." I replied. "Something's not right." she said. "The murders always happen at night, never daytime." I replied. "Do you think the serial killer is a vampire?" she asked. "Vampires doesn't exist." I said. "Well, this person must be sick who commits these horrible crimes." replied Olivia. "Indeed." I said.

***

I passed Emily's room and she was talking to someone. I opened the door and she was all along. She was sitting on her bed and ate candy. Flower was lying next to her.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked. "My friend April." she said. I couldn't see her. "How nice." I replied. "She gave me candy." said Emily. "I didn't hear the doorbell." I replied. "I opened." she said. "Right." replied. "We're best friends." she said. "Well, I'm happy for you." I replied with a smile on my face. "She was in a hurry, but next time you might see her." she said. "I'd like to meet her." I replied. "You'll love her." she said.

Adam is worried about Emily.

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~