I Can't Live With You...But I Can't Live Without You

6th November 1984

London Area

Brian's POV

"Aren't you hungry?"  Jimi asked me as I picked at my breakfast.  I shook my head as I laid my fork down.  I had lost my appetite since everything happened.  I had only taken a few bite of eggs.

"Not really..."  I replied and then gestured at his own plate.  "We've got a few more minutes and we need to go..."  I pointed out.  Jimi took another bite of his food before grabbing his glass of juice to wash it down.  It was good to see he had finished most of his meal.  I gestured at the waiter and he came up to our table.

"We're finished..."  I advised and he nodded and handed me the bill to sign.  I was charging everything to our room.  Jimi and I collected our coats and bags and headed for my car in the hotel parking lot.  

"I guess I'll see Tigs today..."  he remarked as we got in the car.  I smiled at him and ran my hand through his hair.  

"Yes...maybe I'll catch sight of her as I drop you off..."  I pondered.  

"Why can't you just go up and see her?"  Jimi questioned.  I sighed a little and looked him in the eye.  I hated that he had to deal with such grown up things at his tender age.  It had become unavoidable.  

"I don't know if someone may be watching..."  I replied honestly.  "I can't chance it..."  I stated as I pulled out into traffic.  We were both quiet as I drove to the school.  It was his first day back since we had to flee our home.  Since we had moved to the hotel.  

"Are you going to find us somewhere to live?"  Jimi asked.  I nodded as I turned down the road for his school. 

"Yes...I've got an appointment with the broker today...hopefully I can find something..."  I answered.  

"Are we moving to London?"  Jimi asked.  He had been asking a lot of questions.  I guess with so much uncertainty he was looking for answers.  I didn't have all the answers.  I was trying to just hang on emotionally.  

"I'm hoping to find somewhere near your new school..." I advised him.  "Since you're starting at Hampton after the new year...it just makes sense to be close by..."   Jimi nodded and then appeared to be thinking again.

"Will you be here when I start the term or are you off on tour again?"  he asked me plainly. 

"I leave on the 7th to go to Rio and I'll be back on the 20th...so I won't be here when you start..."  I advised.  "Sorry..."  I said and he nodded again.  The wheels still turning in his head.

"It's okay...I'm used to it..."  he replied and it hurt my heart for him to say that.  I guess it was true though.  I have toured his entire life.  He doesn't know any different.   "So Mum...I mean Clare...will take me?'  he asked next.  

"Shit!"  I immediately said and wanted to slam the steering wheel like Roger does.  It was one more thing that was now a problem.  His new school start.  Clare is supposed to stay away from us.  Jimi appeared wide eyed at my cursing.  I know he is more accustomed to Roger doing it.  Right now I want to scream from the rooftops every bad word I know.  Michael Taylor had now prevented Jimi from having a parent take him on his first day of school.  I tried to calm myself and then looked over at him.  "I'm sorry....someone else will have to take you to Hampton..."  I said and I watched his face drop a little.  

"Well who?"  he asked with a touch of anxiousness in his voice.  I felt awful that I don't have everything sorted out.  My life had become a horrific mess in a matter of seconds it seemed and I was still in a freefall.