Father To Son - Part 2

A/N - Just a few reminders.  This is fiction and while I make every effort to stick with Queen timelines, there are instances where I don't.  I ask you to consider that with Brian and Roger being together, it changes some things.    I am not a medical expert but try to keep it as authentic as I can.  Thank you.

30th August 1985

London

Brian's POV

"We can wait a bit longer..."  Jim advised as I nodded my agreement.  I was anxious to see Roger after the events of the past week and he was late arriving for the film screening.

"Thanks..."  I told our manager.  He walked over and advised the director, Russell Mulcahy and the film producer Peter Davis, we were going to wait for Roger.  I leaned back in my seat and tried to relax.  I didn't wan't them to think I was unprofessional or that Roger was.  I heard Jim briefly explain about Dom and the baby and the men nodded and showed concern in their faces.  The door burst open to the screening room and Roger came in with Crystal right behind him.

"I am so sorry!"  Roger declared as he walked quickly towards us all.  His face expressing his regret.

"It's fine Roger..."  Jim assured him with a welcoming smile.  "How is Dom doing?"  he asked.  I could tell Roger felt relieved we had waited.

"She's stable at the moment and the baby is too..."  Roger informed him as he saw me and smiled.  "We're just taking it day by day at this point..."  he advised.  Roger shook hands with Russell and Peter and then said hello to Freddie and Deacy.  He casually walked over and flopped down in the seat next to mine as Russell stood up to say a few words about the film.  

"Hey..."  I said to him and reached over and squeezed his thigh.  Wanting him to know I was glad to see him.  His smile and the look in his eyes told me he was too.  We both turned our attention to Russell as he explained the premise of the film.  Telling us the tale of the Scotsman who learns he is immortal and who loves a woman who will grow old and die as he lives forever and the battle he must fight over centuries against his foes so he can eventually become the captor of the prize - the power of all immortals through time.  Russell started the rough edit of the film he brought along.  Giving us a visual to go with the story he just told.

I sat spellbound as I watched the scenes with young Connor and his beautiful blond haired love Heather as they shared a life and much happiness in the 1500's in Scotland.  I was taken aback when the next scene showed Connor looking for his wife and finding an older woman coming over the hill towards him.  Heather had grown old and he was the same.  It was heartbreaking to watch her die as an old woman as he sat helpless.  Unable to keep her as he lived on.  Forever.  Without her.

It struck a chord with me to see this play out on the screen.  I had found my happiness with my beautiful blond and we had made a life together.  In the film, their love was damaged by the Kurgan and in my life, mine and Roger's love was threatened by his monstrous father.  I understood that pain and hoped I might find inspiration to write something about it for the film.

The rough edit ended with a massive battle between Connor and The Kurgan on top of a studio building.  Battling for the prize in the final showdown.  I remembered the line from earlier where Connor's mentor, played by Sean Connery, had advised 'there can be only one.'  It was a compelling action scene and I found it satisfying to watch.  I could see Roger was enjoying it as well.  I felt good about doing music for this and I hoped the others did too. I got the same good feeling from this project as I had with Flash Gordon.  The film ended and the lights came back up.  I could see interest in Freddie's face.  Deacy was hard to read.  Roger and I shared an encouraging look.