Father To Son - Part 1

A/N - The above photo is Brian May and his father, Harold, at Brian's graduation from Imperial College in 1968.

Just a reminder I am not a medical expert.

26th August 1985

Munich

Roger's POV

"Want some more?" I asked Brian as I brought the bottle of wine over to the bed. He smiled and nodded as I leaned over and filled his glass with the remaining liquid. I set the bottle down on the floor and kept hold of my own glass. Sliding back over to lay next to my husband.

"This is really good stuff..." Brian remarked as he took a sip.

"Freddie said to help ourselves to his store..." I reminded him. "He's got some good stuff in there..." I remarked. We both sat up against the tall headboard and finished our wine. Enjoying the flavor and savoring the quiet time together. We had arrived on time in Munich and the waiting car whisked us straight to Freddie's residential building. The front door key worked and we were soon pulling off our clothes as we made our way into the bedroom. Both of us budding with desire for each other. Each of us taking a turn at the other and ending up quite sated and quite thirsty when we finished.

"I can order some food in..." I proposed. Feeling the stirring of hunger in my stomach. Brian smiled at me.

"I could eat..." he said. I got up from the bed and walked naked back into the living room. Taking the empty wine bottle with me and tossing it as I pulled open the drawer with the local food services listings inside. Phoebe had left detailed instructions for us and I appreciated it as I looked over the restaurants that delivered locally.

I ordered us some Italian food and headed back to the bedroom. Brian had pulled out his writing notebook. I grabbed my cigarettes as I took a seat next to the balcony door. Cracking it open to smoke while Brian picked up a writing pen.

"What are you working on?" I asked him. He kept his eyes on the notebook.

"I'm not sure yet..." he answered as he wiggled the pen in his hands. "You got anything for tomorrow's session?" he asked me back. I smiled at him and crossed my legs.

"Of course I do!" I told him with a smug face. Thinking of the lyrics I had jotted down after reading a book about America in the 60's and being inspired by Martin Luther King. The words from his 'I Have A Dream' speech had left me full of a lot of ideas I felt would make a good song.

"It's nice to be back here for a few weeks..." Brian remarked as he looked up at me from his notebook. "It's not my favorite place to be...but you're here..." he told me sweetly. I took a drag from my cigarette.

"I know we've taken some risks lately...but we've been careful...I'm sure we can manage some more time together before we go back home..." I said to reassure Brian. He seemed to like my words.

"I have to admit that I find it funny we haven't heard from your father..." Brian remarked. "I figured he was getting regular reports from whoever it is he hired as his spy..."

"I know what you mean..." I responded. "I was certain he would take great pleasure in calling me and reminding me what a disappointment I am..." I told Brian. He leaned back against the headboard and closed his notebook. He seemed to be thinking about something as he looked at me intently.

"What if his story about having a mole was a lie?" Brian suddenly proposed to me. "What if there isn't really someone spying on us and he just said it to toy with us?" he questioned. My mind spun at the consideration. For some reason it made sense. I almost fell back as I realized this was a possibility. We had never discovered who the mole was and my father's failure to call and berate me about my activities left me wondering if this was the case.