The World That We Created - Part 1

A/N -  I know we are all intimately aware of the details of Live Aid and specifics about the band on a personal level.  Please remember this is fiction and since Brian and Roger are together, it has caused some things to be different.  

6th June 1985

London

Roger's POV

"Things seem to be coming along..."  the doctor told Dom and then looked over and smiled at me.  I smiled at Dom; pleased the pregnancy was progressing well.  

"Is my due date still the same?"  Dom asked him as she adjusted her dress over her legs after the exam.  

"Yes...you seem on track for the 22nd of October..."  the doctor answered as he glanced at her chart.   "Your weight is fine and I see you've managed to keep off the cigarettes...good...good.."  he muttered as he made some notes about her exam.  Dom had just finished her 20th week...half way through the pregnancy and things seemed good.  It was a relief.  She was glowing and feeling well.  It wasn't hampering her work at all and she had developed some interesting food habits.  Her belly growing by the day and not just with a baby.

"Are we finished?"  I asked as I helped Dom scoot off the exam table.  The doctor smiled and shook my hand.

"Yes...all is well Mr. Taylor..." he assured me.  "I will see you next month..." he advised as Dom collected her bag and we left the office.  As Dom stood at the counter making her next appointment, I felt the eyes of the office staff upon me.  I looked around and smiled at the star struck women.  Dom finished and I wrapped my arm around her as we walked out.

"I saw them looking at you..."  Dom remarked as we walked to the lift.  "They probably all want to have your baby..." she teased.  I smirked as we stepped in the open lift.  

"Then they'd have to put up with me...and I'm a handful..."  I reminded her. Dom smiled as she pressed the button for the street level and the door closed.  

"Just remember that's Brian's problem...not mine..."  she pointed out and I laughed as we headed to the main floor.  

"What's on the menu today?"  I asked her as we walked to the car.  It was lunchtime after all.

"I was thinking about a plate of spaghetti with some massive meatballs!"  Dom answered.  "And some garlic bread...I'm quite hungry..."  she stated.  I tugged her close and smiled.

"I know a place that will satisfy you..."  I advised and looked forward to a meal at Lina's.  The Italian place that Brian and I had frequented since our first days together.  We got in my sedan and I drove the familiar path to the old neighborhood as I told Dom about coming to this place with Brian when we barely had money.  I managed a parking spot and we walked to the low key restaurant.  It was late in the lunch hour so I hoped they weren't too busy.   I opened the door and was relieved to find it wasn't crowded.

"Welcome to Lina's...how many in your party?"  the hostess asked us.

"Two please...a booth if you have one..."  I requested.  The young woman nodded and gestured for us to follow as she grabbed some menus.  "Is Lina here today?"  I asked as we walked.  I wondered if she still worked in the restaurant.   I had not been in the place for a few years.

"Sorry...she's not in..."  the woman advised.  

"Thanks..."  I said; disappointed.  We got seated and handed our menus.  Dom ordered the spaghetti she craved and I opted for the Chicken Saltimbocca.   The waiter left our table and Dom grabbed a breadstick from the cup on the table and began crunching away.