Thank God It's Christmas - Part 6

A/N  - Just a reminder that Harold May is known affectionately as 'Big' and Ruth May is  'Nana.'    Dr. Henry Roberts is Brian's General Practitioner and is Chrissie's ex  husband.  Freddie's 'daughter's' are the group of friends he had in New York City in the late 70's/early 80's.  

27th December 1984

Switzerland

Tiger Lily's POV

It felt like this time together had flown by.  My heart was heavy as I finished packing my things in my suitcase.  I glanced over at Jimi apparently feeling the same way I did.  His face was flat as he latched his case.

"Did you check the bathroom for anything you might have left behind?"  Mia asked us both as I closed my own case.  

"Yes.."  we both answered.  Mia took Jimi's case and set it in the hallway and then came over for mine.  I took a seat on my bed and watched Jimi lean against the wall.  Looking sullen. 

"I'll be right back..."  Mia said as she disappeared out the door.

"I guess this is it..."  I told Jimi as he looked at me and silently nodded. 

"I won't see you at school anymore..." he said with a touch of sadness.  He was starting at Hampton in a few weeks.  It was a better fit for him school wise, but not seeing my brother was going to be tough.  I already didn't see him at home anymore with everything that has happened.

"Do you know who is taking you on the first day?"  I asked him.

"Probably Big..."  Jimi replied.   "He told me he would take me since Dad's going to be away..."  he said and then looked away from me.  "And my Mum doesn't seem to care anymore..."  he said a bit dramatically.  I knew that wasn't true and so did he.  It annoyed me that he said it.

"You know she cares Jimi!"  I argued.  "It's Papa's father that made it where she can't see you!'  I reminded him.  He huffed at my words.

"It's not fair!"  he said in a whining voice.  "I've not got Pap anymore and I've lost my Mum!"  he told me as he crossed his arms in front of his chest and gave me a pitiful expression.  

"At least your Mum is still alive!"  I pointed out.  He stopped being pathetic for a moment and gave me a look of regret.  Remembering my own mother is dead.

"Right...sorry..."  he said as I waved a dismissive hand at him.  

"It's okay....I know I've got more family around than you have...it isn't fair..."  I agreed with him.  "I guess you'll stay with Nana and Big while they're on tour?"  I questioned.  It seemed the logical place for him to live.  With our grandparents.  He nodded as he uncrossed his arms and walked over to me.

"I suppose..."  he replied and plopped down next to me.  Resting his head on my shoulder.  I wrapped my arm around him.  Feeling bad for him.  I did seem to have the better situation between the two of us.  

"I'm sorry it's been so hard on you..."  I told him sympathetically.   "Remember you can call me whenever you want...Pap too...even Mia..."  I reminded him.  "Even Clare..."  He remained quiet and remained leaning into my side.  We stayed that way for a minute.  Just thinking.  

"Do you ever wish you had a regular Mum and Dad?" Jimi asked me.  I knew what he meant.  It seemed easier for kids who had a traditional set of parents. 

"To be honest it sounds a bit boring..."  I replied to try and help him find the humor in our circumstances.  I felt Jimi smile a little.

"That's true..."  he agreed.  "But right now it would make my life better..."  he confessed.