Life Goes On and On and On...

27th September 1985

London

Roger's POV

It was good news all around these days.  Well, almost all of it.  We finished work in Munich and decided to continue recording using some London studios.   I needed to be home for Felix, Dom and Tiger Lily.  Chrissie was due in a few weeks so Brian was better off remaining here.  Deacy was happy to have some family time as well and for once, Freddie wanted to work out of London.  His new boyfriend Jim refused to pull up roots and go to Munich, so Freddie was ready to come back home and take up residence in his new Kensington compound.  He was clearly in love and wanted to be in the same town as his lover.  We all liked Jim.  Our time with him had been short, but he was down to earth and kept Freddie on his toes and wasn't duly impressed by his fame and fortune.  I found these to be good qualities.

There was also a new lightness in our lives with Paul being out of the picture.  The other staff members didn't seem to miss him and neither did I.  It was obvious there was a wound there for Freddie since he had a close relationship with Paul.  He kept his feelings close to the vest on the matter.  While we did rid ourselves of the mole, we did not rid ourselves of my father.

He remained in place as our blackmailer.  Still expecting his monthly payment in exchange for his silence along with Brian and I remaining apart.  Our children split as well.  That had not changed with Paul's outing and dismissal.  While this continued to be a blow to us all, everyone had begun to adjust to different lives.  For better for for worse.  It's just how things were and there was no way of knowing  when it would end.

----------------------------------

Dom and I stood and watched as the nurse placed Felix on the scale.  Holding our breath to see what he weighed.  It was all smiles as the needle moved much further than it had in the past weeks.

"What progress you've made!"  Nurse Adams cooed to our son as she noted his weight and picked him up.  Handing him off to Dom and picking up the chart to add his new reading to his history.  Dom bounced him gently in her arms.  Giving him an affectionate expression.  Pleased with his weight gain.

"Is that enough?"  I asked the nurse as she finished her writing.  

"That's for the doctor to decide..."  she reminded me.  I was hoping with his steady weight gain and good health, he could go ahead and leave the hospital.  We were aching for him to get out of here and come home.  Take up residence in his new nursery.  

"Alright..."  I replied as the nurse patted my arm for reassurance.  Dom and I shared a look of hopefulness as the door opened and the doctor came in.

"Good morning!"  the doctor greeted us in a cheerful tone.  Smiling as he looked right at Felix.  "How's our little hero doing today?"  he asked us.  

"He's definitely got Roger's lungs..."  Dom teased as the doctor chuckled at her remark.  "He's a screamer when he's hungry..."  she told him.  "And that seems to be more often these days..."  

"That's good..."  the doctor told her as she placed Felix on the exam table and the doctor began looking him over.  We stepped back and observed as our son got another full exam.  I put my arm around Dom for support and she leaned into my side as we waited to hear if our son was big enough to go home.

"A nice result on the weight gain..."  the doctor said out loud as he reviewed the chart.  He handed it back to the nurse and smiled at us.   "I think I have good news for you..."  he advised.  "I think Felix is ready to go home..."  he declared.  Both Dom and I let out sounds of delight at the news.