Don't Lose Your Head - Part 2

**Please note the change in Points of View in this chapter

30th October 1985

London

Roger's POV

"You're what??"  I asked her in disbelief.  

"I'm pregnant Roger..." she repeated.  My head began swimming and I reached over to steady myself against the wall.  

"But..."  I began to say.  Wanting to question if she was sure, but I knew Dom and she wouldn't say she was pregnant unless she was certain she actually was.  It just seemed so unlikely.  She'd just had a baby.  My biology background told me deep down this was possible and I realized we had been foolish to have sex without protection. 

"There's no butts about it..."  Dom replied.  "I had a test at the doctor's today and he confirmed it..."  she advised.  I ran my hand over my face. Trying to come to grips with the news.  It certainly wasn't the end of the world or anything.  Quite surprising is all.  I instantly wondered how she felt about it.

"And how do you feel about being pregnant again?"  I questioned.  "So soon after..."  I added to emphasize my meaning.  She made a sound of exasperation.

"To be honest I was flabbergasted when I heard..."  Dom confessed.  "I just didn't even think about it being something we should worry about..."  she admitted.  I nodded.

"I didn't either..."  I agreed.  "I guess we were wrong..."  I told her.  "I'm sorry we weren't more careful..."  I said to offer my own responsibility in the matter.  

"Me too..."  she answered.  "I guess I need to decide what I'm going to do..."  she advised.  

"Whatever your decision is...I'll support it..."  I assured her.  Wanting her to know I felt it was her choice to make.   

"I know you will...but thank you..." she replied.  

"Did the doctor express any concern about you being pregnant so soon?"  I questioned.  Wanting to know if there was any risk.  

"I'm perfectly healthy and was reminded that everything with Felix was due to the infection..."  she assured me.   "I was advised I am okay to continue with the pregnancy and should expect to have a normal one if I do..."  Dom explained.  "I just have to decide if I want to continue it..."  she contended.  

"Do you want me to come home?"  I asked her next.  Worried she needed support right now.  

"No...I hesitated calling you because I know you're headed to see Brian..."  she told me.  "I just needed to tell you...because then it would seem real...you know?"  she confessed.  I understood what she meant.  

"I get it..."  I replied.  "You know how to reach me there if you need to....okay?"  I reminded Dom.  

"I do...thanks..."  she answered.  "Look!  Go on and enjoy your time with Brian...give him my love and I will talk to you tomorrow..." 

"Okay..."  I told her.  "I will talk to you then...take care Dom..."  I said and hung up the phone.   I collected myself as I turned and headed out of the studio.  I was soon in my car and on the road and finding myself wanting to think about Brian and anticipate our time together.  My mind kept slipping to Dom and another baby being a possibility.  Trying to decide how I felt if she kept it or if she didn't.  I loved Felix so much and couldn't imagine him not being around.  I still felt so surprised at how much I had grown to love children.  First my girl, Tiger Lily and then Jimi, and now Felix and even another possible future child.  If someone had told me when I was a teenager I would end up being the parent to this many kids, I would have laughed in their face.