A Glimpse of Hope and Unity...

13th September 1985

Munich

Freddie's POV

"That was the landscaper..."  Phoebe advised me as he walked back from the telephone and joined me at the table. I halted taking a sip of my tea.  Worried there was a delay with the grounds being done for my move into my new house.

"What did he want?"  I questioned with concern.  Phoebe gave me a reassuring look.  

"He was just confirming the order for the plants...it's nothing to worry about..."  he told me as he picked up his own tea and had a sip.  

"If you say so..."  I replied and we both resumed eating our late breakfast.  Trying not to stress about the impending house move.

"I'm going to shop today...is there anything you need?"  Phoebe questioned.  I thought about it as I chewed my bite of chocolate croissant.  Trying to recall a few things I wanted.

"Oh!"  I said as I remembered something important.  "Could you get some of those lovely grapes?"  I requested. "Like the ones we had a few days ago..."  I reminded him.  "They were really good..."  

"They're already on the list!" he replied.  I grinned at him

"So efficient and one step ahead of me..." I told him sweetly.  Appreciating his talent at taking care of things.  Taking care of me.

"Anything else?"  he asked.  Before I could answer the doorbell rang.  Phoebe got up and walked over to answer it.  

"Are we expecting anyone?" I questioned.  "I've got to be at the studio in a few hours..."  I reminded Phoebe.  He nodded understanding as he picked up the phone to see who was here.  

"Oh!  Come on up!"  Phoebe told whoever it was and hung up the phone.  He turned to look at me.  "It's John..."  he announced.  

"What is he doing here?"  I pondered.  I was surprised by his visit.  We were meeting at the studio in a few hours and he had advised it was important that we meet alone.  Just the four group members.  He had said it was quite important but wouldn't elaborate.  I got up from the table and walked towards the door.  Prepared to greet him.  Phoebe opened the door and John was there.  Smiling broadly and stepping inside.

"Hello dear...."  I greeted.  "Did you get an earlier flight?" I asked him as we shared a hug.  He was supposedly flying in this morning and meeting us after he got settled in.  I noted he appeared anxious about something.

"I did actually..."  John replied.  "I need to talk to you in private..."  he requested. 

"I can go ahead and leave for the shops..."  Phoebe advised.   

"Alright then..."  I told my assistant as Phoebe got his list and coat and left.  "Would you like something to drink?"  I asked John as we got seated in the living room. 

"A whiskey would be nice..."  he requested.  I had thought about tea and was surprised he was interested in a drink so early in the day.  I got up and walked to the bar.  Pouring him a drink.

"So what is it we need to discuss in private?"  I questioned as I fixed his drink.  

"You may want to make yourself one while you're at it..."  he suggested.  I immediately considered the idea that John was going to tell me he was leaving the group or that he was ill or something equally terrible.  I proceeded in making two drinks and walked back to him.  Handing him a glass and having a seat.  Holding onto my vodka, but waiting to take a drink.