A New Life Grows...The Blossom Knows - Part 2

5th April 1985

Auckland New Zealand

Brian's POV

We had landed safely but were incredibly tired and after running into protestors in front of the hotel, I was ready to just get a shower and lie in bed.  This trip so far felt like a weird dream.  I wasn't supposed to be on a plane sitting next to Chrissie and Roger wasn't supposed to be with Dom.  

We took separate limos to the hotel and once Chrissie and I were shown our suite, I went straight for the shower and stood in the stall for a while.  Trying to wash away the long flight and soak in my new reality.  Back in London, being with Chrissie seemed like a good idea.  But going on tour and being in places I should I normally be with Roger made me wonder if this was a bad idea.

I toweled off and pulled on one of the hotel robes and found Chrissie unpacking.  We would be here rehearsing for a few days so it made sense. 

"I can unpack your things for you..."  she offered.  I shrugged.

"If you want..."  I said quietly and walked to the kitchenette and found some bottled water.  Taking a large drink as I observed her opening my suitcase and removing my clothes.  "There isn't anything going on tonight...everyone will rest up from the flight..."  I informed her as she opened some drawers to put the clothes away.

"I figured that would be the case..."  she replied.  I walked over and grabbed some clothes to put on and changed into some jogging bottoms and a t-shirt.  Not planning on leaving the suite tonight.    I worked on finishing my water as Chrissie finished unpacking.    She went to the bathroom to freshen up and I picked up the phone.  Using this moment to call Roger while she showered.  I dialed the switchboard since I didn't know his room number.

"Operator..."  

"Can I have Roy Tanner's room please?"  I requested.  Using the alias he had told me he would have for this trip.

"One moment..."  I waited for an answer as I watched the bathroom door.  It rang for a bit before the operator came back on.

"There's no answer...is there a message?"  she asked.

"No message...thank you..."  I said and hung up.  I figured Roger and Dom might have gone out or were napping.  The image of them lying in bed together crossed through my mind and then I wondered if they were having sex.  My stomach knotted thinking of it.  I got up from the chair and walked to the kitchenette.   I noticed a large gift basket on the counter and stopped when I saw a bottle of vodka in it.  Without thinking I pulled the bottle from the basket and found some orange juice in the mini fridge.  I poured myself a drink and walked to the sofa and had a seat.  

I had turned on the television and was clicking the remote to see what channels they had.  I figured some would be BBC or similar in New Zealand.  I found a World War II documentary and left it on.  Sipping my drink and trying to not think about much.

"You should eat something if you're going to drink..."  Chrissie commented when she appeared from the shower.  She was wearing a kaftan and her hair was tied up. 

"We can order some room service..."  I suggested and Chrissie went and got the menu from the desk and looked it over.  "I don't care what I have..."  I advised as she decided for herself.  I sat and pretended to watch the documentary and finished my drink as she called for the food.

"They said about 30 minutes..."  she advised as she came over and sat next to me.  I nodded as I stared at the tv.      

"I might have another drink while we wait...you want one?"  I asked her as I got up to make one.